Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of the steps say that while checking the voltage for the fuel pump that if there is no battery voltage it has alist of things to check and the sub fuse is one of those things...

·
Registered
105 Posts
There's a fuse box inside the left mid fairing and the main fuses are next to the battery.
If you're not getting voltage at the fuel pump, I would check the following:
1. fuel pump relay (inside left mid fairing)
2. engine stop switch
3. engine stop relay (3rd one behind the fuel pump relay)
4. engine control module

Let me know how it goes or if you need more info

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
checked all those and everything checks out good... I did read the voltage at the connector for the fuel pump and found that the manual says to read the brown wire (+) and green wire(-) but the only problem I see is that ere are 2 brown wires out of the 3 wires in the connector... one has voltage, one doesnt, so which one do i read the voltage from...

·
Registered
105 Posts
You should be getting 12v+ on one of the brown wires. The other brown wire goes to the reserve light of your instrument cluster.
If you still don't hear your fuel pump working and you know you're getting 12v+ there, most likely your fuel pump is toast.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I believe the brown wire with the black dots, but not the one you got 12v+ from. You can always jump the fuel pump to see if it works.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Voltage should not be constant but should only come on when you turn the key and engine switch on. Let me know how it goes

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
here is a video I took while checking the voltage.... I read off the brown wire with silver dashed lines(not the wire that had the constant voltage)....I had a flashlight in my mouth so I sound quite funny so if you want you can leave the volume off...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Can you let me know exactly what is wrong with your bike and what it is you're trying to accomplish here? It'll be easier for me to diagnose the problem for you.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
trying to figure out why the fuel pump is not priming when I turn the key on... Trying to figure out whether the fuel pump or the ECM is the issue....

·
Registered
105 Posts
ok. you don't need to worry about the reserve light wire since it is an input wire that gets a signal (ground, I believe) from the fuel pump when gas is low.

Since you get 12v+ signal from the brown wire at the connector, you know the fuel pump circuit (relays, ECM signal, etc) is working properly.

What you need to do now is to jump 12v+ & 12v- to the fuel pump directly (bypassing all circuits) to verify if the fuel pump comes on or not. If it doesn't, then you know you have a bad fuel pump.

It sounds to me your fuel pump is bad.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i went and bought a good multimeter since the one I had was a cheapo creepo one and the new meter said I wasn't getting any voltage to the pump... I also figured out that when I checked the continuity of the ECU that i was reading the wrong plugs... in the manual they are arranged as if you were looking at them from the top of the bike facing forward.. the continuity checks gave me a number of 133 and 134...and I have no clue as to what that means.... I jumped the fuel pump and it came on, or at least something was working in the tank....so I'm leaning towards that the ECU crapped out on me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That's a whole different ball game if you're not getting voltage at the fuel pump connector. Here's what you should do next:
1. check the fuel pump relay
2. check the engine relay
Let me know if those check out ok.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All the relays check out.... I'm getting voltage to the fuel pump...just not to the wire that sends the signal to the pump to prime...

·
Registered
105 Posts
now you're confusing me here.
when you say you are getting voltage to the fuel pump, where are you measuring voltage at, the connector?
and when you say you're not getting voltage to the wire that sends the signal to prime the pump, where is this wire at?

This is how the fuel pump works - you have a 12v+, 12v- & a reserve light wire. When you apply 12v+ & 12v- to the fuel pump, it will turn on.

The reserve light wire is only a signal wire that sends a signal to the inst cluster when gas is low, thus turning on the reserve light on the cluster.
So I don't understand where you are trying to measure this (fuel pump prime) wire that you mentioned.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts