Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone!
I’m a new member I just recently bought a 2009 Honda CBR600RR, after I bought it I noticed some of the plastics were broken under the rear passenger seat and come to find out the very back of my subframe is gone…

I’ve been looking everywhere to buy it new but they’re all on back order, so the part I need is 50200-MFJ-A40 BUT I found another subframe used for a great price buts it’s for a 2013-2021 Honda CBR600RR part number 50200-MFJ-A60.

So my question is will the subframe from a 2013-2021 fit my 2009? They look identical I just want some reassurance. Thanks in advance!
(I don’t know if this was posted in the right spot I apologize is advance)

·
Registered
735 Posts
It should work fine. If you can wait until this weekend I can confirm 100% as I just did this same thing and my 09-12 subframe is supposed to arrive Saturday for install on a 16 model.

Honda part numbers are three sequences. The first, '50200,' denotes what part it is, i.e. rear subframe
The second, 'MFJ' is what models it will fit. Basically all 08-21s.
The third, 'A60,' is for slight variations of the same thing, usually for different colors (in this case the A40 might be sliver and the A60 black).

If they are somehow different I'll trade you my 09-12 for the 13+ you mention.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I have a question guys, I was debating on buying a penigale Ducati subframe for my o6 cbr600rr6, will it fit? And if it don't would I be able to weld it on? Just fishing for any info for tail swaps and I haven't found much so any info is good info thanks 🙏 we

·
Registered
188 Posts
Most likely need some chopping and welding of atachment points. Can certainly be done.

Most important attachment is from subframe to frame.

I think it's much easier to make adapter brackets to bridge any bodywork you want to fit onto existing subframe.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Just to follow up on my prior post.

It is as I suspected.

Changed out the warped subframe on my 2016 with one from an 2009. They are the same except for the color. 09 is silver, while my existing was black (only a very small area by where the rear footpegs mount is visible when the fairings are on so it doesn't much matter. I painted that little part black).

Every bolt hole is the same. Had no problem getting the 'new' one on in one piece but had to split the existing one to get it off as it wouldn't go easily (just remove two bolt at the rear).

When you're doing this you'll have an easier time if you remove the two bolts on one side from the cross bracket at the front. That allows everything to line up more easily and you can then reinstall those bolts with no problem.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Anyone with a chopped subframe want to trade for my complete one? I'd like to save some weight on my race-bike. Already have 1-piece CF rear bodywork, so don't need full subframe. Just hate idea of chopping it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts