Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

so this happened again, and I am wondering if anyone has any ideas of why,

so last night I went out, check the pressure before I left cause I knew I was going to be on the freeway and it was pretty damn cold, I had about 32-31 in the front and around the same in the rear,

I do the ride, reach some good speeds, felt some vibrations,

then on the way back, I had to split traffic on the freeway, for about 6 miles,

I get home we need dinner so I head out to grab some food, front feels stiff, and bike wants to kind of fall over, so I check the front tire, straght emtpy, like I could squeeze it, I put air in it, and it holds it fine,

no screws, or debri, I dont see any cracks,

my guess maybe the hitting the reflectors and low pressure caused the rest to leak out, I read if you hit potholes that can take a little pressure out not sure if its true,

thanks for the help!!!!!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
31 isn't very low psi.
Sure you don't have a bend in the lip of the rim?
If not it may be a punture that broke off.
Air it up and put it on a front stand and get some soap water. Start in one spot and cover the tire all the way with the water, do the full circumference and sides to the lip. That should reveal the culprit.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
31 isn't very low psi.
Sure you don't have a bend in the lip of the rim?
If not it may be a punture that broke off.
Air it up and put it on a front stand and get some soap water. Start in one spot and cover the tire all the way with the water, do the full circumference and sides to the lip. That should reveal the culprit.
:+1:You either have something in your tire that you can't see. Or it is leaking air around the rim

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome thanks guys,

yeah I agree 31, isnt low, that is what I had when I left, when I checked again it was 0, then I grabbed the tire and could squeeze it a little,

I am going to do the soapy water when I get home, yeah I was thinking edge of rim, or something I cant see,

thanks again!!!

okay cool pot holes and reflectors wont do that, good to know

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

you failed to mention your gf was on the back of your bike man. maybe that was the cause:cruising:

hahahahah, she was actually on the bars, hence the front tire going, hahahaa, and in her full leathers, took 4 cows and a sheep to make it, hahaha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts