Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,
im lookin into pickin up a used suit but the guy that owns it has been in a crash on the track and the suit is scuffed up...he said its just all cosmetic and there are no tears in the suit at all...
my question is will i still be ok and safe using this suit in the event of crash (hopefully that wont happen) even though it has been down once...or is the suit sorta like a helmet where if you drop it youre gonna need to replace it..TIA

eric

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
A suit and a helmet are no even close. A suit can be repaired very easily in most cases. I bought mine used and it had been down a few times. I didn't have so much as a scratch on me after my low-side. Find a local leather shop that can sew heavy leather and ask them to inspect all the stitching. Inspect the armor for cracks and replace any that have serious damage. You can order replacement armor from Newenough.com and others.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks NRR its only been down once...so im guessing it would be ok...problem is, im not close enough to inspect the leathers myself...its in northern cali and im in souther so not sure what to do about that

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Ask him to send you some pictures of any damage on the suit. If there are any busted stitches or holes in the leather then you'll have to get it replaced and restitched. Ask him if any hard armor is busted. I get mine repaired at a local harley bike shop. The guy does good work and cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts