Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am supposed to be coaching TPM at Pocono on the 23rd and then there is Beaverun on the 24-25 and Shenandoah on the 25th as well.

I am trying to figure out what I want to do that weekend. I can probably go coach at either one of those days but with the insanity of gas I can't see driving myself to and from Pittsburgh by myself. Summit Point is much closer but it is still a good trek. And on top of that I am not sure how that would work if I am going to be at Pocono on Friday since the trackday isn't until Sunday and I'll already be an hour and a half from home going in that direction. It would almost be like wasted gas to come home friday evening and then leave saturday afternoon for summit.

So anyone from NJ/NYC interested in figuring out some sort of carpool arrangement? I have two trailers. One lightweight folding trailers that can fit 2 bikes and then another 8x12 that can fit 4 bikes but takes a bit more of a toll on gas. We also don't have to use my van to pull it.

Any ideas or suggestions, fire away but I would like to try and get this figured out as soon as I can. Worse comes to worst I'll drive to summit point by myself after Pocono and spend the day at the Millenium Club.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. I think OPEC started the trend and Exxon/Mobile and everyone else is capitalizing on it.

On the way back from VIR we saw $3.05 a gallon and practically locked up the brakes to pull a u-turn to go fill up. That's pretty sickening when you think about it.

I think they are trying to use social conditioning to make us think that these gas prices will be the norm and be "happy" when they drop back to 2.50 a gallon.

I want something that will run on Bio-diesel or cooking oil.

Blade-Runner said:
LOL, I've started a trend. :toothy6:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts