Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the long post.

I went riding just this past Sunday with 12 other guys. We were on a back road that leads into Falmouth, KY. I was fourth from the front and we were coming out of a left hand turn. I had it leaned over pretty good and I guess I took the turn too wide. The front tire went over the lip of the road into the grass and I lowsided it. I landed on my shoulder and slid into a wire fence. I rolled and flipped a couple of times and landed against the fence and my bike ended up facing the other way. I was about ten feet down from the road and was able to crawl up just close enough to lay on my back and wave my arm in the air for the rest of the pack, who were back a little way, to see. When I was able to get up and check out my bike I was a little shocked. I saw that there was a big dent across the gas tank from one of the wood posts holding the fence up. The subframe was moved over about six inches, my Yoshi pipe is crushed, the mirrors were snapped off, the front brake lever snapped, and the rearsets were broke also. The tail section snapped clean off right behind the rear seat. It kind of looks like I broke it doing a wheelie. All I came out of it with was a swollen ankle and a little soreness. All I know is that I'm lucky and that it could've been a lot worse. I was wearing my gear so that was a good thing, but I don't know what would have happened if I wasn't. I was really impressed though because there wasn't any fluids leaking and the bike started right up. I love Hondas!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wearing a Nitro mesh jacket. The only damage to it was a little hole under the right arm pad. I was probably doing about 70. We were in the turn so I wasn't looking down to see the speed.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
glad your fine....

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
glad to hear you are alright, sorry about the bike though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts