1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D

·
0 Posts
Besides it being illegal, they don't work.

KS, I think that is one of the types they tested. Not sure though since they did so many of them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm pretty sure most states are illegal to hinder the plate in anyway.
In KY, some of my friends have even gotten a ticket for obstruction of windshields i.e. radar detectors.

·
Registered
266 Posts
if ur that concerned..u should get one of those plate flippers...u flip the switch and the plate tucks under...then again if ur that paranoid about red light cameras..dont run red lights...other then that u should be able to outrun most cops...regardless of whats on ur tag..lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sorry Phatstud, but Mythbusters tested hairspray too and it failed to work at blocking the tag.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
spraypaint is pretty good =)

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I got a ticket for having a smoke cover on my plate and also one for a clear cover. I guess you can only have a plate frame...but this is California.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yeah; I know down here in texas they can get you a ticket for blocking the plate. Although I also hear its a rule that you cant have a plate frame if it is covering the state?

I say just buy a hide-away license plate if your wanting to hide it for... legal ...reasons.

·
Registered
75 Posts
A plate flipper is the way to go, those plastic covers dont work on speed/red light cameras but they can get you a ticket from the police. not worth it in my opinion.

If you want the cheapest option pull the plate off if your going to be doing warp speed anyway. Not that you should do that on the road of course:laughing5

1 - 20 of 27 Posts