Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
fast03600rr
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm thinking about getting rid of my rr for a supermoto. i cant stand riding my rr on the street anymore. i'm not a fan of leaning over on the bars all the time and would much rather be sitting up on a dirtbike. i have an 07 CRF450 already but dont really want to go through all the trouble to set it up for dirt and street.

so i guess my question is.. am i going to be just as uncomfortable on a supermoto as i am on the rr? and how long before the fun factor of a supermoto wears off?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Heck no, if you are doing street riding you will be way more comfortable on the supermoto, especially around town and in traffic. As far as the fun factor goes, it depends. If you do a lot of around town riding (0-45 mph) you will love it. If you do a lot of high speed highway with long open turns, consider sticking with the RR.

·
fast03600rr
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do a decent amount of highway riding and thats why i dont like the RR.. it doesnt take me long to get uncomfortable on it on the highway.. around town isnt really that bad for me..

and i take the interstate to work normally but i can easily take a different route that isnt a constant 70 mph so high rpms on the moto isnt a big concern for me..

·
Registered
487 Posts
I test drove a Suzuki DRZ 400 SM a few days ago. I thought I would enjoy it more than I did, although, I was riding it around on freshly resurfaced roads--the tar + pea gravel method. So, I felt like I was going to crash it the whole time. It was comfortable though.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you do some highway cruising then the supermoto route is not the way to go, at least not a true sm. Consider an upright bike, like the KTM990 superduke or triumph street triple... both upright, comfortable bikes that are fun as hell!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
:+1:

One of the things I hated when assigned to the HD XR1200 for the day or night was riding one during my shift without a windscreen. It wore you down if you had to do a lot of long stretches or riding.

If you can get any or the standards with a windscreen or a removable windscreen, do it. You will be glad you did.

I have always been fond of the FZ1 and FZ6. Always liked the Honda 919 and 599 too. Wish they still made those. =(

Peace,

Gabe

·
Registered
991 Posts
I agree, if you do highway riding just get a more upright bike. The single cylinder SM bikes have great torque at low speeds which is what makes them so fun. Just imagine your CRF 450 pegged out though, not a whole lot of fun at the top of 5th gear. Great for anything tight and twisty but once you go over 45 mph there just isnt enough engine to play with.

·
Registered
31 Posts
+1 for the FZ1. and zero gravity makes a shorter double bubble if you're not into the big ass windscreen it comes with.

·
Registered
224 Posts
supermoto is ONLY fun on very tight twisties and backroads. The second you hit the highway its death and will bore the hell out of you.

We used to trailer our supermotos to good roads because it was unbearable boredom on a highway.

but also, ive said it in a lot of supermoto threads. the drz may have elec start, come plated and be the easy route but the power is just not there compared to a 450cc+ supermotard.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Russell, Just gotta say that is one awesome looking SM. I especially like the red hubs, frame, and triple. Looks good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts