Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First panic-safe rescue system for high-rise building fires. Patented worldwide.
Applicable up to heights of over 300 meters. Well-priced and robust. Arrives on the market 2004
http://www.suterracing.com/static/PrFour.E.html

SUCCESSFUL SURVIVOR TEST ON GIGERWALD-DAM
After numerous test attempts with weights up to 140 kg, at the end of of October first (before and afterwards still) living humans jumped with a Survivor-high-rise safety system. Thomas Truninger, the responsible technician of the Survivor-project, made itself the Stuntman and jumped from the Gigerwald-dam over 90m into the depth. The Survivor of the newest generation functioned thereby as expected problem-free.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Don't look up when that sucker deploys, then you wont be
worth saving. Besides, who do you know will jump out a
window and stay in an upright posistion. Every video I've
ever seen of high rise jumps, people are swan diving, tumbling,
kicking, flailing, etc... My luck, that spike would shoot right up
my corn-hole and squewer my a$$.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
fanatiCBR said:
Don't look up when that sucker deploys, then you wont be
worth saving. Besides, who do you know will jump out a
window and stay in an upright posistion. Every video I've
ever seen of high rise jumps, people are swan diving, tumbling,
kicking, flailing, etc... My luck, that spike would shoot right up
my corn-hole and squewer my a$$.
it doesn't work like batman's grappling hooks... you hook the d-ring at the top of the building and jump, it sets into a controlled speed fall. nothing shoots out. thus it is idiot proof.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I don't think people should have to buy them, I think they should be standard issue in all buildings over a certain hieght. Plus maybe if that dude didn't use so much hair spray there wouldn't be a fire hazard to begin with :lol2:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or when the fire is below you and you burn through the line. I still would like one if I worked in a high rise. Imagine hundreds of people jumping with these. Lines would get crossed.

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
with the high winds, you'd be making face plants into the window...

and then...

if some of those windows broke, I'm sure you'd be impaled on some broken class ....

ANd i'ts not a new idea. I've already promised myself that if I ever worked in a high rise, I'd learn how to BASE jump and I'd also keep some of my repelling gear at my desk...as well as a handgun to shoot through the window....among other things

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did anyone notice that the same company makes slipper clutches? I wonder if the mechanism is similar? :scratch:

·
Registered
769 Posts
$20 says people forget about using it as a rescue device and it becomes the next extreme sports fad... weeeeeeeeee!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts