Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 CBR600RR. I'm going to be using this bike for track days only and I'm trying to do it on the cheap. I notice the forks and rear shock are set up with all the adj. about half way between the min. and max. I'm approx 200 lbs, so, where do I adj. the forks and shock to give me good handling. I want to put a power commander on this bike and get some good protective gear. I do not want to spend thousands on Ohlins forks and shock. If someone can guide me I will be most appreciative. Or, if anyone knows of some cheaper alternatives to the suspension system let me know. I'm not planning on racing just having some fun challenging myself. Thanks

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Go-star is where I got my basic understanding from. Nice article. I still use it today for a quick reference guide as well as pick the suspension vendors brain.

I'm 210# without gear OP and I have my 100% stock suspension very well sorted. Really enjoyed my last spin around the track with it. I've added 10mm of fork oil to help prevent rear-wheel lift under heavy braking.

The stock suspension is extremely soft....you will need to increase pretty much all the adjusters at least a little depending on your riding style/pace/track/tires/weather/grip.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Another cheaper alternative than buying new suspension is upgrading valves and springs. Much cheaper and very effective. Aftermarket springs can be bought near $100 each and ohlins sells a very nice valve kit. You'd have to take to a mechanic though if you dont have the proper tools at home, but this is an affordable alternative for an occasional track day

1 - 6 of 6 Posts