Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have got Ohlins TTX 36 rear and front forks springs and valves to suit my weight for fast and aggressive Sunday riding on our secret country roads.

Rear Sag is around 30mm and Front Sag is around 35mm

Should I turn preload, compression and rebound harder from my current street setting before the track day as a base point to start with?

REAR Ohlins
If I am guessing correctly I should turn the compression 2-4 clicks hard (clockwise) and slow down the rebound (turn clockwise). No idea about preload.

FRONT OEM
Same as above. Instead of 2-4 clicks may be 1/4 turn on each fork.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I would defer to the on site suspension guy (if there is one), but no, I wouldn't change anything in particular... it sort of depends on how you ride, and how fast you *really* are.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Id leave it and see how it feels first and adjust after your first session if you need it.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Thats an excellent set up, you've got there.

There are excellent videos on YT that explain settings.

The preload is specific to your weight. No reason to change it for street vs track.

However, the compression & rebound are only specific to your last session.

You've gotta read your tires to see what you need to adjust.

A lot of times there'll be a suspension guy at the track to help you out.

For a small fee, of course.

What track are you going to?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Your sag numbers are good for the track.

Check out some videos on Youtube, especially Dave Moss's videos on suspension adjustment.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'd up the compression damping in front a little and go run some laps. Remember you can pit in and make changes very quickly to go back out and try.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts