Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
standard bike just swanted some knowledge, not long been riding and noticed that when I carry my brother the bike feels very funny almost like its heavier on the one side and it pulls out to the right slightly.

However I dont haves this problem when I carry my gf on the back, could this be because my brother is taller then myself??

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
standard bike just swanted some knowledge, not long been riding and noticed that when I carry my brother the bike feels very funny almost like its heavier on the one side and it pulls out to the right slightly.

However I dont haves this problem when I carry my gf on the back, could this be because my brother is taller then myself??
I dont think these bikes are going to feel the same if you are carrying anything. The stock suspension should be versatile enough to handle another passenger (even if he is tall and heavy) but you feel the difference.

·
Registered
156 Posts
being taller and heavier and sitting on a seat that is higher than you and the originally intended center of gravity will make the bike feel heavier at slow speeds.

the center of gravity changes with every piece of addtional weight you put on the bike. you get used to riding with it one way and when you throw something behind you and above you the CoG changes and the balance of the bike feels different.

yes the suspension can take it, unless your brother is 300 pounds--then damn boy, get your own bike. it might pull right if he is leaning a certain way-even the passenger can steer the bike with his/her weight.

it takes some getting used to

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
ideally, you'll want to up the rear preload (and probably the front but it's not as critical), as well as adding some PSI's to the tires if you're gonna carry a passenger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts