Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suzuki is reaching its third year since the K5 1000 was launched. The GSX-R 1000 has been literally unbeatable both on road and track for two years. It is expected that Yamaha will launch a brand new R1 at the Intermot in Germany this autumn in an attempt to grab the superbike crown back from Suzuki. All clues point towards an improved GSX-R1000 as well to secure further glory both on the sales charts and on the roadracing circuits around the world. One of the major benefits Ducati has got at the moment is traction control and it is expected that also Suzuki will launch the K7 GSX-R with more sophisticated technologies than ever before to hold off Yamaha and enable Troy Corser to take on the big Ducati V-twins with more success than in 2006. The K7 1000 will get a slight restyling to bring it back in line with the K6 GSX-R 600 and 750 whilst still keeping its image as the top dog in the range. One major point about the K7 will be a brand new exhaust system where we could see a mixed underseat/under belly version much in style with the firm’s big V4 MotoGP bike. To keep the increasingly tougher emission and sound regulations and in order to not have to lift the engine up in the chassis as much as on the K6 600 and 750 it is believed that this solution could be the way forward. Suzuki insiders are talking about a brand new engine and chassis to make these solutions possible. By Tor Sagen/CG by Robert O’Brien

·
Registered
19 Posts
In ireland/britain we go by how the bikes perform on the road racing circuit!!We have superstock races where basically the only thing that can be changed on the bike is a thinner head gasket and the suspension( ohlins all the way!), anyway the isle of mann tt just finished and honda cleaned up in all classes! I dont believe that track racing has any reflection on how a road bikes gona perform! suzukis are quick but engines arent durable! just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Is there anywhere that you can download the isle of mann tt race online? I have found short clips on putfile but I am looking for the 06 race. I can almost see a trip out there next year to watch it, that would be a bad asss time.

I get a kick out of the r1 and gsxr forums where they have the 13 page discussion about how sweet the new r1 or gsxr is gonna be and how its just gonna be the most wicked thing on the road. When truth be told, only a small amount of people in this world can ride a 600cc bike to its full potential, let alone a 1k. I think I will buy a 1000cc bike this winter but it will be what looks the best and feels the best to me. And my 600rr will still live at my house as well. (wouldn’t trade her for the world)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts