Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my first bike 4 months ago. 2005. I have put over 6k miles on it and loving it! Rode it from Arizona to Sacramento California and back. I have just started with upgrades. Today I slid into a curb in a parking lot due to loose pavement from snow a couple weeks ago. Just and the front forks rebuilt two days ago. I bent the front rim and most likely the forks too. Too funny.I thought it might be a good time to get into touch with the 600rr community to share stories and find events. Bike is in the shop already. I have re-upholstered the back seat red. New Pirelli Angel/Demon tires. Integrated tail light, new red pegs, flush blinkers, smoked windscreen, slider kit on the way along with Driven 520 Kit w/red chain on the way 15/44. This crash today will set back upgrades for a month or so. But I love motors and love to go fast!

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I bought my first bike 4 months ago. 2005. I have put over 6k miles on it and loving it! Rode it from Arizona to Sacramento California and back. I have just started with upgrades. Today I slid into a curb in a parking lot due to loose pavement from snow a couple weeks ago. Just and the front forks rebuilt two days ago. I bent the front rim and most likely the forks too. Too funny.I thought it might be a good time to get into touch with the 600rr community to share stories and find events. Bike is in the shop already. I have re-upholstered the back seat red. New Pirelli Angel/Demon tires. Integrated tail light, new red pegs, flush blinkers, smoked windscreen, slider kit on the way along with Driven 520 Kit w/red chain on the way 15/44. This crash today will set back upgrades for a month or so. But I love motors and love to go fast!
Welcome to the site.....

And now the verbal beat down, So, you have been riding a wopping 4 months and you have already gone down. What does this tell you? That you might be trying to over due it? You said you like to go fast... on the city streets, fast = dead! They make a special place for us go faster than ape shyt monkey balls type of guys, its called the Thunderbird race track.

Quite a bit of a mod list you got there, but seems to me that you need to spend more money on honing your riding skill's. Cause the way it sounds, You will go down again and soon. So why mess up all the pretty starbucks mods? Fix it and learn how to ride it bro.

I say this not to be a dickhead but to try and further educate you as to what you are doing wrong, and to re-prioritize your priorities, so you can be a long lasting member of the DOT NET family.

What gear do you have? Have you taken an MSF course and passed?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Welcome to the site bro
Jeff u took that post right off my keyboard bro good job

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Welcome to the site mate,

I'm not gonna flame you, but riders courses would be a good idea... it will help you to ride to the conditions.

Any pics of the bike? (pre incident)

Be safe out there!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the bash and that's cool, but hear the story. I'm not new to motorcycles and I know the street is different. I have been on a 09 1000rr and respect motorcycles power. Every one goes down to get better. I have taken the safety courses and do ride cautiously. The real thing I want to know is that when I started braking, the front end started hopping. With getting that under control with the other conditions I was 5 feet short of room and hit the curb. Dumped it in the dirt. Two small scratches in the sticker. Can't tell any damage really, only the visible bent rim. Ride-able and bead still holds. Can this have something to do with the front forks not being sealed right and leaking by a certified shop? I've been looking and having a little trouble finding new forks but will get it soon. After market really that much better for personalized?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gear

That is christmas. I had to get new tires leaking forks re-built(and still leaking the next day) and gears first because I'm ridding at 6,000 ft.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have plenty of starbucks money to burn and anticipated too. No pain no gain no wussies!

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Thanks for the bash and that's cool, but hear the story. I'm not new to motorcycles and I know the street is different. I have been on a 09 1000rr and respect motorcycles power. Every one goes down to get better. I have taken the safety courses and do ride cautiously. The real thing I want to know is that when I started braking, the front end started hopping. With getting that under control with the other conditions I was 5 feet short of room and hit the curb. Dumped it in the dirt. Two small scratches in the sticker. Can't tell any damage really, only the visible bent rim. Ride-able and bead still holds. Can this have something to do with the front forks not being sealed right and leaking by a certified shop? I've been looking and having a little trouble finding new forks but will get it soon. After market really that much better for personalized?
Don't take this the wrong way, but IMO the only thing that caused your incident was you. Rider error pure and simple, if you had been riding to the conditions this wouldn't have happened.

If you loose traction at any time it is because you made an error of judgment. Even in the case of black ice which is almost impossible to see the error was still yours by choosing to go out in the first place, under those kinds of conditions I would be taking the car.

Mechanical issues such as leaky fork seals and the like may be contributing factors however these things are usually apparent and know to you before you get on the bike, so yet again back to rider error.

Sorry if that annoys you mate, just my 2c

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Thanks for the bash and that's cool, but hear the story. I'm not new to motorcycles and I know the street is different. Every one goes down to get better

Dude WTF you mean to tell me I've been doing it wrong the whole time so practicing and not treating the street like a racetrack is wrong. Should've known better imma go lay that bish down tomorrow so I can be a pro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts