Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does everyone else here protect their swing arm as my R&G paddock bobbins have bent in the swing arm lug and the lug got damaged too when I had a lowside at the track. I am not sure if the new one that I have ordered will fit now and how to protect the swing arm from this happening again in future, any ideas please?
Will I need a new swingarm with the lug and thread being damaged slightly? I have seen secondhand swing arms on E-Bay for £150-£180.
Cheers for any help, Paul

·
Registered
387 Posts
So...if the bobbin itself was snapped off your swingarm, you just need to drill out the old screw that held it in place. From there, have your swingarm checked to ensure it is straight/can be repaired. (I'm unsure of the extent of damage). Assuming the swingarm is fine, if the threads are fine, just reinstall a new one. If the threads are damaged, you can have a mechanic install new threads via a heli-coil kit. (A heli-coil kit rethreads the hole).

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The swingarm is ok and I managed to unscrew the paddock bobbin but the bolt had bent in the thread when it went down and now the thread is looking damaged on the outside and the lug is slightly damaged too.
Would heli-coiling the thread allow me to put another R&G paddock bobbin into it? I don't what heli-coiling means.
I am also curious about what everyone else uses to lift there bike and protect there swing arm?

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
I got the Rizoma

Left side

Right Side

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Have any of you had any experience of using these and any damage at all to the swing arm or difficulty to get the protectors off after the accident. I found taking the paddock bobbins off after the lowside was a bit difficult and I am really pissed off that the weld is now damaged so I want to cover it up but I will also know that it is damaged too. I have also read on the forum that people have had the weld snap :0(

·
Registered
139 Posts
Very nice ibbob50 and Moeman. Where can I get a good hook up like your setup? I think the best thing for crash damage would be the axle sliders and use the rear hooks thing like Moeman has.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts