Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a question. I just put spools on ym bike and then saw someones pictures on here and they had spools AND swing arm sliders that looked like a skateboard wheel on the end of their swing arm. I was under the impression that the spools would do the job as sliders as well. Can someone tell me why you would need both and if the spools i put on will save my swing arm in a crash or do i actually need both?

·
Registered
885 Posts
They are the same thing swingarms sliders are spools tht are just beefed up and usualy made of delrin. You can use the sliders just like spools for stands and such

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
i thought long and hard about this... and ive come to the conclusion that spools are better...
why, if you look at the size of the metal and the way its setup, in a hard fall, that spool will either rub down or snap.

now on the axle/swingarm sliders, it will either rub down or.....?

shift your axle out of line, depending on how tight it is, it may damage the swingarm itself, OR since its not attached to a break away little screw hole like that spools, or do both.

Thats just my opinion based on swingarm damage pictures from several threads and forums.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts