Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Yeah, just some scrapage it looks like. A closer picture would help. This kind of damage is common; unless it's a puncture or big bend, the swingarm's integrity should be fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a picture of a swingarm that was not damaged. It looks like I shaved off that tiny bolt that spins.

What would this be for even? To stop the chain from lifting up in a crash?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah it looks like I shaved off the screw that allows you to put the bike on a stand to replace the tire etc..

I just bought a set of stands, will the bike still hold up if it is on one of those screws or perhaps I can redrill and replace this screw?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Ah it looks like I shaved off the screw that allows you to put the bike on a stand to replace the tire etc..

I just bought a set of stands, will the bike still hold up if it is on one of those screws or perhaps I can redrill and replace this screw?
You shaved off the spool? Just get a stand with paddles if you cant put a new spool in that side.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It looks the spool mount adapter is still mostly intact.. you should inspect it more closely but I'd think you could just clean it up with a round bastard file and the correct metric thread repair tap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts