Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
sorry fellas. i swing by the site every few months cause i usually have a pm or to with questions and i had cleaned up my photobucket and forgot it would mess up the thread. seeing how poeple like the writeup ill keep her going. ive sold my rr almost 2 years ago and am on a newer r1 now but i owe the site and all the good guys on here. cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah i know this is an old post sorry to bump it, but for all the other people searching out there, its a 17mm, on the clutch side and a 19mm on the brake side (a least as per my 05)(the swing-arm pivot bolt)

·
Registered
135 Posts
yeah i know this is an old post sorry to bump it, but for all the other people searching out there, its a 17mm, on the clutch side and a 19mm on the brake side (a least as per my 05)(the swing-arm pivot bolt)

As of my experiance tonight I can verify and back this. 05, 17mm shifter side, 19mm brake side.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Omg thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Quick, simple and easy source of 17mm allen socket is to go to VW Bug shop. They use it to remove transmission drain plugs on Bugs (old kind). Can pick one up for $5 or so.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Quick, simple and easy source of 17mm allen socket is to go to VW Bug shop. They use it to remove transmission drain plugs on Bugs (old kind). Can pick one up for $5 or so.
Thanks for the tip...cheapest one I found was $12. Can't see myself using an allen that large often enough to justify that price tag!

·
Registered
321 Posts
could someone provide the torque specs for all the screw and bolts that need to be removed/tightened during this process? preferably in newton meter...if it aint too much to ask :p

·
Registered
155 Posts
Here you go

·
Registered
210 Posts
Excellent write up

Just removed mine on my 03. Did not need to remove the lowers, exhaust or rearsets. Here is the $2 tool i used on the axle no welding required.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts