Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see talk about people are using switches to control aftermarket lights on their motorcycle. Where are you guys mounting the switch? I have a 2009 CBR600rr and was thinking about doing some Audi style Led's on a switch and possibly some other lights. I am looking at the bike and having a hard time deciding on a style and location of the switch so it looks good, and it is easy to get to.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I wouldnt put it anywhere thats visible. Toggles look cheap as hell. Especially the ones that light up when active. Have some dignity and hide the toggle behind your fairings. My nitrous arm switch is hidden behind my left side upper.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I agree I do NOT want them to be visible by any means. Just looks tacky as hell. Maverick do have a picture of the mounting location?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I've got two switches mounted on my bike (08 600rr), they are both on the inside of the upper fairings (left and right side), on the black plastic pieces. I'm at work but I can snap some pics when I get home. I used a basic circular switch from radio shack that does not light up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh ya! A nice round rocker switch would be perfect. I didn't even think of that. Thanks dude!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I see talk about people are using switches to control aftermarket lights on their motorcycle. Where are you guys mounting the switch? I have a 2009 CBR600rr and was thinking about doing some Audi style Led's on a switch and possibly some other lights. I am looking at the bike and having a hard time deciding on a style and location of the switch so it looks good, and it is easy to get to.
I hooked up my Audi Lights up to my turn signals so no switches. If you are looking for extra leds and such I wouls suggest using a remote control system. Look at my post here and you will all these light not one switch mounted to bike.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=191506

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XTR thanks for that idea as well! I know oznium has a great setup thats all remote control. And I never thought of hooking up the audi style to my turn signals. I might have to draw up a schematic real quick and see how it will turn out. Thanks again guys, great feed back so far.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Inside the right side of the bike (this is my low beam switch)

same switch, different angle

Switch for my knight rider 3rd eye, switch was from Tripage
(not the red thing, thats for my alarm system)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks GSU! Thats a nice hidden spot. I got a couple ideas running through my head at the moment for some stuff. Gonna be nice when its done.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts

you can barely see it but it's a round Rocker switch on the inner left ram air cover.. Btw I was soldering my gauge cluster harness due to a little spill I had that fawked $hit up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts