Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Highly thinking about switching to the Full Arata Matte Black Exhaust. Going to be selling my Akra to Fantas but just want some info before i make the big dive.


Interested to hear about sound and looks. Is it loud, quiet, in between. Is the Arata REALLY worth it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,434 Posts
The Arata is a very nice pipe with a nice low rumble at idle. It's slightly quiter than my Leo if that gives you any reference. The FS weighs nothing as well. I put this same pipe on another '05RR last year. Sounded great!
 

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
Joined
·
27,367 Posts
slyder its loud but comes in under race dB so not to bad.....

and yes they are worth it , check out the quality of the wields, they are rediculass
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yah, i've heard nothing but good things about them, but i had already paid for my Akra but now that i have a buyer for it i'm gonna dish out the $$ for the Arata.
 

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
Joined
·
27,367 Posts
one of the componets of a great exhaust is how well the sound freq gets true it, the smooth bends in the right places and silky wields make for better hp figures..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm hoping so there too becuz i wasn't super impressed with my dyno run with the setup i have now.

i actually produced a little less hp then an 04 with a slip on d&d exhaust and pIII and v stacks. i have a full akra race, pcIII, bmc race air filter, v-stacks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,263 Posts
Slyder said:
i'm hoping so there too becuz i wasn't super impressed with my dyno run with the setup i have now.

i actually produced a little less hp then an 04 with a slip on d&d exhaust and pIII and v stacks. i have a full akra race, pcIII, bmc race air filter, v-stacks
Where the two bikes dynoed on the same dyno in similar conditions? If not, then your comarison is kinda rubish...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, we took them in @ the same time. it was me and Visitor Q.

That is why i was alittle upset with the Results.
 

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
Joined
·
27,367 Posts
set up could be off, lots of possiblitys, how does the arse dyno feel? or the stopwatch dyno? they the ones that really count
imo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i definitely felt a difference from stock right i put it on and even more when i got the pcIII in throttle smoothness & runs well with the map, i just wasn't expecting to make less thats all. anyone have any directions towards some dyno runs others have done?
 

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
Joined
·
27,367 Posts
Slyder said:
yeah, we took them in @ the same time. it was me and Visitor Q.

That is why i was alittle upset with the Results.

haha, i remember than VisQ put the heat on birdman..something cronic...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah but we'll see. i get it remapped then with the Arata and then we can both take them for dyno's runs again, then we'll see.
 

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
Joined
·
11,188 Posts
Well worth it. The quality is top notch.
 

·
Get Jiggy with it
Joined
·
6,178 Posts
I have a question for you.... i can't believe that with a FULL AKRA you produced less hp then q's D&D slip on!! something don't sound right with this to me.
like others have said, there are many factors to consider.
I could see if you had some lower end exhaust but to me , going from an Akra to and Arata can not be a huge difference. (the arata is friggin sweet though) I don't really think you will see a difference to be worth all the work in swapping out the exhaust again.

I would try and get a custom map for that akra first.


what are you gonna do if the Arata doesn't show you the results your looking for either??? Just gonna keep buying exhausts???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When Visitor and I went to NA Warhorse, we had custom maps made up.
 

·
07 TRACK SLAG!
Joined
·
6,618 Posts
Dr.Spank said:
I have a question for you.... i can't believe that with a FULL AKRA you produced less hp then q's D&D slip on!! something don't sound right with this to me.
like others have said, there are many factors to consider.
I could see if you had some lower end exhaust but to me , going from an Akra to and Arata can not be a huge difference. (the arata is friggin sweet though) I don't really think you will see a difference to be worth all the work in swapping out the exhaust again.

I would try and get a custom map for that akra first.


what are you gonna do if the Arata doesn't show you the results your looking for either??? Just gonna keep buying exhausts???
i agree with you, how can a D&D slip on (which i'm sorry to say is not as good a quality as the akra, sorry if you own one) make better gains that a akrapovic system, don't sound right,
Paul
 

·
Get Jiggy with it
Joined
·
6,178 Posts
Slyder said:
When Visitor and I went to NA Warhorse, we had custom maps made up.

ahhhh ok.........


I'm still having a hard time understanding why you aint getting the performance out of the Akra full system...

I'm not bashing you or nothing bro..... It's just that me, personally, If I dished out all that cake for a full Akra, , , It would have to have me "REALLY" disappointed in order for me to just re-sell it and buy another brand!

Like i said before I don't think you can go wrong with either one and if you have the money to play with....try it, iguess. Let us know what the Arata does
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Believe dude i wasn't the least bit excited when heard the news, but what could i do. I wasn't tuning it.... I had everything installed correctly. I don't know what i'm gonna do yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I bought my Arata used off of Ebay and have been very happy with it. Very noticeable difference vs. stock even before I added the PCIII. Especially noticed more power lower in the rev range and overall smoothness. As far as sound, not too loud, sounds nice EXCEPT at about 7000rpm the airbox screams! It's definitely not coming from the end of the exhaust and I can't find a leak anywhere. It just really resonates at that rpm. Makes me stay in lower gears to stay under 7000 or conversely higher to stay above it. Earplugs also help! Overall I am very glad I changed from stock. Plan to get it dynoed when things warm up.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top