Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay....only 24 more days until I relocate to SoCal!! I'm gettin' bo-tardedly excited right now. Gonna be living in Hollywood. Hope to get a chance to meet some of you Cali heads.

I just wanna check to see if I'm correct in the whole registration process. I've got my appointments set for my license and registration. (Heard that's a good idea with the Cali DMV) Gonna have my insurance switched right before I move. But is it true that a moto doesn't need to be smogged? I also have 7250 miles on her now...so the 7500 mile requirement won't be an issue. I can pile on 250 miles easily in just a couple days of riding. So things should go pretty smooth right? Any bumps you Cali people might see me running into?

Thanks,
Jay

·
0 Posts
Sounds good to me. Heres my only advice, i lived in cali for 18 yrs. Hope you got money in your pockets, cuz you are there to stay. Its beautiful and expensive but you'll love it. i don't know why i left i am going back in a couple of months.

·
Registered
64 Posts
One other thing you might want to prepare for when you get to So-Cal..........TRAFFIC. Remember lane sharing is legal in Cali, and you will be glad you can. Also, if at all possible, avoid the 405 freeway at all times. It is usually a parking lot full of pissed off dirvers.

Other then that, have fun.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've heard all the horror stories of the traffic. Thanks for the heads up though. That's why I'm not even attempting to own a car in LA. My bike will do just fine.

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
Ya know, traffic sucks, but it's the most driver friendly state in the country.

BECAUSE people can drive EVERYWHERE, there is so much traffic. But yeah...traffic pretty much is confined to the LA region. It's much better anywhere away from LA.

·
Registered
904 Posts
HOLLA

So-Cal here also........

Just wait till you get into the mountains (Check my sig for some pictures from a recent ride)

The riding out here is great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts