Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After putting my stand together realized that the rear stand is crooked. I still put the bike on it, but quickly took the bike of because the stand was very unstable.
I then contacted T-rex and tried to find out if there is anything I can do to fix the crooked stand. I even took a picture of the stand (btw you can tell the stand is brand new from the pics).
I basically get a reply from their customer service saying they can't validate my purchased therefore I am SOL and on my own. Well, I guess I am $50 poorer with no stand. I am sure many people had a pretty good experience with them. I guess I am one of the few that had a bad one. But if I could go back I think I would have purchased a pitbull stand.:sad11:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
We got the same T-rex.. and they are crooked.

·
Registered
32 Posts
damn that sucks to hear nickyrr, i have the same stands and i can tell they are a tiny bit crooked, but the bike is still completely stable on it so i didnt care vbmenu_register("postmenu_1218369", true);

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
moto911 sells DMP stand for 50.

If you live in Irvine,:thrasher: you can come pick them up, so no shipping. I heard pretty good stuff about DMP. BTW moto911 customer service rocks!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please do yourself a favor and don't buy a T-rex stand!

Buy it somewhere else, unless of course you have extra 50 bucks laying around and feel like wasting them! Then feel free to buy T-rex!:sad11:

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I got a t rex stand and it's crooked as well..It does the job, just not very well..If you got spools it's better..My vortex is the shiznit tho

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
that sucks
my T rex has never had a problem
you must have got the one that fell off the truck because mine is straight and has held up for 2 years

·
Registered
162 Posts
I purchased T-rex front and rear stands off of ebay last month. Both seem to work very well. I have spools on my 600RR. Used it without spools on a friends R6. Both worked very well. Using the spools the rear was suprisingly stable. The front moves a little, but nothing scary.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've used mine for about 1 year and a half with no problems. It is a little croked, but I adjusted the stand so that it's perfectly level. I did have to drill out one of the welds they used because the stand wouldn't fit together (sloppy welds) but for 100 bucks shipped (front and rear) it has worked out great.

·
Registered
142 Posts
this thread makes me think twice about my purchase from T-Rex.... rear stand should be at my front door any day now, hopefully it's a "good" one

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just received my trex stands front and rear. I can't complain. They're NOT crooked and work great. I guess I got a good one.

From TREX instructions "Be sure to press the wheels on both sides to make sure that all the wheels are level and in contact with the ground before tightening the bolts. If you don't do this , the attachment may be TILTED and the stand(s) may become inoperable."

·
Registered
141 Posts
T-Rex stands (ebay product = expect ebay quality)

you can add me to the list of crooked T-REX stands. The wheels cant sit evenly on the floor due to the crooked welds of the stand. :director:One of the wheels fell off recently due to the c-clip that broke. They sent me some replacement clips....

BTW, i have only used the stands twice so far and i already have problems....

:puke:t-rex stands

T-Rex stands (ebay product = expect ebay quality)

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
My buddy has the triple stand and they said it might not work on his gixx because the extension to the trips makes contact with the front fairing. So, he bought it anyways. Turns out, we used it for my RR and guess what? The trips arm impacted my front fairing nose. Had to take off the front fairing to work on my forks. Ghey... Pitbull stands have a kink in it to not hit the nose. T-rex = cheap, worthless.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have t-rex stands and they have worked great for me

1 - 20 of 46 Posts