Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up an 06 600rr a little over a year ago. When I first got it sometimes during the start up when the tach would go all the way through the rev range when the ignition was turned on, it would stop and twitch a few times at 4500rpm. I would just cycle the ignition and would go back to normal. Then it turned into anytime I was riding and reved past 4500 it would drop to 0 then come back to normal. Now during start up it goes to 4500 twitches goes to 0 and then bounces between 1000 and 0 rpm before settling at 0. Rev light still works and acts normal and seems to be getting power, odometer, mph, and rest of gauges/electrical work like normal. Do I need a new gauge cluster or where should I start looking? Plug in back of cluster is plugged in and seems to have a good connection. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
537 Posts
Picked up an 06 600rr a little over a year ago. When I first got it sometimes during the start up when the tach would go all the way through the rev range when the ignition was turned on, it would stop and twitch a few times at 4500rpm. I would just cycle the ignition and would go back to normal. Then it turned into anytime I was riding and reved past 4500 it would drop to 0 then come back to normal. Now during start up it goes to 4500 twitches goes to 0 and then bounces between 1000 and 0 rpm before settling at 0. Rev light still works and acts normal and seems to be getting power, odometer, mph, and rest of gauges/electrical work like normal. Do I need a new gauge cluster or where should I start looking? Plug in back of cluster is plugged in and seems to have a good connection. Thanks for the help
You will need to check the wiring from the ECU to the cluster.
It is possible that you have an intermittent short or open circuit somewhere in the wiring harness causing the needle to fluctuate.

I do not have the electrical schematics handy to tell you which pins or the wire colours, so you may need to track that down.
Do you have a multimeter to check voltage/continuity?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts