Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right... My 2005 600RR's tacho won't show any RPM. When i tun the ignition on, the clock does it's sweep up and down back to zero, but when i turn the engine on, it stays at zero. It never shows the RPM. Everything else works on the display, lights, speed etc etc.

• I have checked the fuses
  • I have proved that the tacho does work by putting the clock on another bike
  • I have proved that the wire is continuous from the ECU block connector all the way through te blue block connector on the main loom, into the clock loom and to the clocks block connector.
I am stuck now. I am thinking that the tacho is receiving power, as it perform s it's sweep when the ignition is switched on, but whichever way the bike tells the ECU to send it's info to the tacho to tell it to display the RPM, isn't telling the ECU anything. So maybe the problem is before the ECU...

I cannot find information to how the bike tells the ECU it's RPM for me to test the sensor or wiring etc.

Anyone with any info, please let me know. Everything seems to be fine except for this isolated problem. But it's a race bike, and with no tacho, i'll never pass through the technical inspection and cannot be noise tested on trackdays either...

Faulty wiring??????, faulty ECU?????, faulty sensor????? Info on what to do next would be great.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Have you done anything to the bike? Check to make sure the plug is connected under the tank. T

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pete, thanks very much.

Tripage, It's after midnight here so i'll be doing this tomorrow, but do you know of a particular plug under the tank that could cause this issue??#

Thanks for the help :)

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I can't remember the color plugs. I know one is for your speedo because you have to unplug it and hook it to the speedo healer. The one next to it is your tach from what I remember. T

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Only other thing I can think of is the plug behind the gauge cluster. Have you done anything to the bike? Mods? T

·
Registered
906 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts