Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tach and my taillight wont work. all that works on the tach is the high beam and left and right turn signal indicators.

i've replaced my fuses and each time it gets blown.

i've installed an hid kit a few weeks back but i've been riding all week with no problems until today i decided to start my bike up and this occured.

what steps should i take to troubleshoot this? thanks guys

i've unplugged the wiring harness and replugged them also.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You blew a fuse. My RR did this about a week ago and all i had to do was pop off my mid fairing and change out a little fuse and everything is up and working again. They are all ran off the same one. If it continues to do it you might want to look into how you wired everything together becuase its probably pushing too much current and frying the fuse. But your problem right now is deff a fuse.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
my tach and my taillight wont work. all that works on the tach is the high beam and left and right turn signal indicators.

i've replaced my fuses and each time it gets blown.

i've installed an hid kit a few weeks back but i've been riding all week with no problems until today i decided to start my bike up and this occured.

what steps should i take to troubleshoot this? thanks guys

i've unplugged the wiring harness and replugged them also.

Yeah I had that happen the exact same... it turned out to be a blown fuse. I have a loose wire that manged to touch the frame and shorthed it.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
brosef, did you get my text early this morning? start with the hids.
thats the only electrical change (that i know of) that you made after we tore her apart.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
sorry guys, im a little new to my 2004 600rr, but i got stuck in some rain, and managed to run out of gas. the guage read full but ran out anyway. as i returned to the bike with some fresh gas she started right up but the same happened- no dash lights, tach or speedo. high beam indicator and turns lit up but nothin else. could you tell me where that fuse is located, right or left side?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
just found the fuses and sure enough, blown fuse. installed new fuse and voila! dash lights.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Slaps, I got your text.

I'll d/c this weekend and install a new fuse.

But I removed the fuse to my headlights and it still blew a fuse to my tach.

Would this be the same as d/c the headlights, or should I just remove all the wiring to my hid and try it again.

Thanks for help guys

·
Registered
28 Posts
im having the same problem, installed HID recently and was haivng a few problems but its all fixed now.

then this morning was riding on the freeway, all was fine and then it just stopped working..

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I FIXED IT!!!

here's how it went down, i d/c my HIDs and then installed the fuse and it blew.

i sat there hating life cause i had no idea what else to do and i was close to taking it to the bike shop and having them fix it.

then i remembered last week i was trying to install the license plate light and it couldn't work so i left the connectors attached and the wires were exposed and touching the subframe. so i disconnected the connector, installed the fuse and it worked!!!

it feels good to mess up my bike and fix it. i feel accomplished.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts