Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I had to push start my bike.... Everything was cool until several hours later I noticed that when I tapped my brakes the light didn't flicker. Its a IT tail.... and its still lit and turn sigs works etc just no brake. So I've taken the tail off to check for loose wires.... None that I can see.... tried unplugging and reconnecting... still no fire. What else should I check for? Thanks!

·
Registered
528 Posts
does it not work with the front and rear brake? i had a similar problem where the front wires were chaffing and my light wouldnt come on when hitting the front brake. the battery also died over night. i think it might have been grounding out the battery or something.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does it not work with the front and rear brake? i had a similar problem where the front wires were chaffing and my light wouldnt come on when hitting the front brake. the battery also died over night. i think it might have been grounding out the battery or something.
Nope neither are working... and my battery has died 3x in the last 24hrs. How did you fix your issue? Also noticed that my third eye is out. It was working a few days ago. Could this all be connected? Ive changed fuses, checked the connection/wiring, even rest my battery. Still no luck.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Take out the IT and re-wire it.

like undo all the wires? I checked them. again it does light and the sigs work... just the brakes are a no go.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would check the wires again. It seems the illumination wire is fine but the 12v switched is bad or cut. usually the red wire, take a multimeter to that it and check voltages

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Check your fuse then go over the harness with a fine tooth comb, you should find the issue between your rear brake pedal and the light.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Is the brake already on?
Remove one of the wires from the front brake and remove the spring from behind the right rearset. This will make sure it's off if the unit is plug n play. If you have a meter you can meter the pins to see if it's getting 12v. T

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would check the wires again. It seems the illumination wire is fine but the 12v switched is bad or cut. usually the red wire, take a multimeter to that it and check voltages
I dont have a multimeter to check the voltage. But I guess I need to find one to use.

Check your fuse then go over the harness with a fine tooth comb, you should find the issue between your rear brake pedal and the light.
I've gone over the fuses so thats not a issue. Perhaps its in the harness. But thats going to be a mofo to get to!

Is the brake already on?
Remove one of the wires from the front brake and remove the spring from behind the right rearset. This will make sure it's off if the unit is plug n play. If you have a meter you can meter the pins to see if it's getting 12v. T
HMMM thats a good question but I dont believe so but it very well could be... I've been having issuse with that rear brake switch perhaps I have it stuck or something....I'll try disconnecting the springs on the rear. But not exactly sure where to find the switch to the front. Do I need to take my levers off to get to it? I still hear the system clicking when I engaged the front. I need to take the entire body off to do this correct? The tail, tank cover and side panels?

Thx everyone for your help! :shakehand

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
look under the lever and you will see 2 wires. Unplug one of them from the "clicking switch" I bet its the rear brake just needing adjusting.

Do you have a bulb in your third eye? Might just be blown out.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
look under the lever and you will see 2 wires. Unplug one of them from the "clicking switch" I bet its the rear brake just needing adjusting.

Do you have a bulb in your third eye? Might just be blown out.

Solved the issue... You were right the light was already on... ha to adjust the brake so fix the issue. I feel dumb now. HA... So i guess the issue with the running light is that its blown. Ha time to order a new one. Thx

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Remove the stock bulb, plug n the led's. If your plug is in horizontal direction you need to spin your plug to be vertical. You can do this with a flat head screw driver and some tweezers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts