Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone else had this problem with the tail light discoloring? Called my dealer and they said that Honda will not do anything about it. So i called Honda to see what the deal was and they told me to read the owners manual. They even told me the page number (164). They said that this is normal and that they will not do anything about it. I dont know about anyone else but I think this is total bs. They know this is a problem and even state this in the owners manual as normal. Now how many people really read the manual from cover to cover? And are we going to have to ask to read the manual before we buy a new bike to find out if there is going to be problems with it that they know about already and will not fix it? And yes the bike has stock exhaust on it.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
i believe it happens with evrey RR out there honda brite will clean that right up :D :D

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
this happens due to the exhaust fumes even though its very few fumes but its something i can live with :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
:bitchslap: Man...I tell ya'!

If I keep reading all this crap about Honda..I'm selling my bike and going back to Yamaha! They(Honda)all seem like assholes...I rode the pee pee out of my R1 for three years and never had ONE problem...nothin' at all!!!

EVERYONE is full of scooby poo that quotes that line about "Honda quality....the best by far!" Hang out at R1 forums and nobody talks about all the crap wrong with their bikes :oops:

Oh yeah...how about the guy that wrote in about the seat lock being broken and cutting his seat off? HUH? That lock mechanism should long outlast the bike itself if it were a "quality" built and designed part!

Yeah...I'm done for now!

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
600RRluvr,

Damn, guess you picked the wrong user name.

Seriously, the 600RR is a brand new production bike for 2003. It's simply REMARKABLE that there have been little to no problems with at all with the design. Occasionally, minor quirks might pop up as isolated incidents, but the model is primary problem-free.

I fail to see all the posts about people "talking crap" about their bikes. The yellowing of the tail light is a normal wear symptom from the use of aftermarket exhaust systems. It is not permanent and can removed by simply cleaning your tail light.

In short, chill out. Things aren't as bad as you would like to believe they are.

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
fretless33 said:
I wonder if it's just external discoloration or if the plastic is changing color, if Honda polish cleans it up, great! How much do replacement tail lights go for?
If its ruined I have an extra tail light I could part with. I bought it when I did my tail light integrator so that I wouldn't stay stuck without being able to ride my bike.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I noticed mine starting to yellow last fall. I clean the bike after each ride, except I wasn`t cleaning the tail lens. One day I noticed it, cleaned it and it came up fine. Now I clean that after each ride too, no problems, its still as clear as the ones on the showroom floor.
BTW, mine will be 1 year old in April and the lens looks fine.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Wizard600RR said:
600RRluvr,

Damn, guess you picked the wrong user name.

Seriously, the 600RR is a brand new production bike for 2003. It's simply REMARKABLE that there have been little to no problems with at all with the design. Occasionally, minor quirks might pop up as isolated incidents, but the model is primary problem-free.

I fail to see all the posts about people "talking crap" about their bikes. The yellowing of the tail light is a normal wear symptom from the use of aftermarket exhaust systems. It is not permanent and can removed by simply cleaning your tail light.

In short, chill out. Things aren't as bad as you would like to believe they are.
We're a community who talks too, good or bad to help each other out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts