Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an integrator kit that you have to open the tail light and put in a different board with the LED's on it and rewire it......the problem is the tail light is impossible to get open. I've already chipped it twice.

Can someone help please? How can I get this thing open?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Not sure if they are the same but I know the guys that have done the headlight mod had to heat the whole unit in the oven to get the glue loose.

Just thowing ideas out there, I have no clue how to get it appart.

Dusty

·
Registered
526 Posts
06-600RR said:
I have an integrator kit that you have to open the tail light and put in a different board with the LED's on it and rewire it......the problem is the tail light is impossible to get open. I've already chipped it twice.

Can someone help please? How can I get this thing open?
You have to cut it off with a dremel tool. It's a bit of a bitch. You can go to http://www.vfxkits.com/ , and download the installation file. What kind did you get, cause I got the vfx kit and it came with everything you need and very detailed instructions. oh ya your gonna need a special adhesive to put it back together. Good luck.

·
Registered
526 Posts
06-600RR said:
its from a company called high tech speed (www.hightechspeed.com). i've tried heating it in the oven and that didnt work and i dont have a dremel. im out of ideas.
Go buy a dremel you can get a nice setup for about $40. Inside is a booklet containing all diffrent types of projects that can be completed using this handy tool. I use mine all the time very handy!!! By the way cutting it is the only way to get it open.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts