Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a fun trip to the Tail/ US129 with some cruiser-riding buddies. They drove a lot slower than I wanted to, but it was a good intro to the mountain road scene for sure.

My poor wife was perched on the back of my red 06 for the entire 7 hour ride. She stuck it out like a champ though, never failing in her job of leaning and looking over my inside shoulder.

Im gonna try to upload a few low-res shots of our day from us129photos.com

If you're ever in the Tennessee or North Carolina area I would definitely recommend a visit. We'll be going back again very soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great stuff !!!! And also, great pics.. The dragon is definitely a bucket list item for all who ride on two wheels... Hope you two had a blast !!!

Was fortunate enough to be able to go this last Sept. 2000 miles, 6 days. Left from NE WI, and stayed in Robbinsville NC... The area is literally crisscrossed with amazing roads to ride. US hwy 129 is just one on a rather long list.. Chief among them is the Cherahola Skyway.. Great ride. i did it on a 650 lb. BMW sport touring rig.... And the technical aspects of these roads, literally kicked my ass...

Can't wait to do it again on a 400lb CBR !!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thinking about making this trip this summer on my '07. Haven't heard anything but positive remarks in regards to the tail of the dragon. Like the pics too!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Got a place somewhat in the Tennessee/North Carolina area rented for 9 days in May and another for 5 days in October. Love going down to the area; the Gap is great but there are so many roads down there to ride you’ll never get tired of it.

If I can convince the wife to let me go without her, I may even go in late August as well......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts