Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anyone can tell what the size difference is in the 600rr tail and the 1000rr tail. I am thinking about trying to fit the 1000rr tail on my 600 because in my opinion the 1000's are far more comfortable. if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

D

·
0 Posts
The 1000rr tail will fit, like all tails, but will require modifications to the subframe.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
What years are you referencing...I have both a 600RR and a 1000RR.
IMO they sit about the same in actual riding conditions and neither are very confortable after about an hour of riding. You would be better off spending your money on a nice Corbin seat for your 600.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 2004 600. and no I'm not the passenger. and i didn't even know they made Corbin seats for this bike But I have compared the two and found the 1000 to me much more comfortable. ill look into the Corbin.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I can understand this is you're referring to the 2008+ 1k since the seat is actually more narrow than the 600. I can certainly touch the ground better on my friend's 1k because of this, and could see why you'd find that more comfortable.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok. maybe there is no difference in the older ones then. and when i say tail i am talking about the whole back end of the bike. i could just put a 1000 seat on and it wouldn't fit right which is why i want to change the plastic too. and if you just wanna make a smart comment instead of answering my question then don't bother replying.

D

·
0 Posts
The 1000rr tail will fit, like all tails, but will require modifications to the subframe.
ok. maybe there is no difference in the older ones then. and when i say tail i am talking about the whole back end of the bike. i could just put a 1000 seat on and it wouldn't fit right which is why i want to change the plastic too. and if you just wanna make a smart comment instead of answering my question then don't bother replying.
I was unaware that being the only one to answer your question properly is not answering your question. You might want to learn to read all of the replies in your thread before making smart comments of your own.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i didnt realize i directed that comment at you. i must have missed the quote in the reply. but thank you for your help it is appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts