Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I notice ALOT of people like to tailgate behind me. It wasn't a big deal when I'm in my car, but on a bike, they seem to like tailgating bikes more than cars! Do they not know we can stop many times less distance than them and we would be mashed potatoes if I ever slam on the brakes? What do you guys do? I would switch lanes, but sometimes I cant because I need to turn or too many cars.

D

·
0 Posts
People just don't care. I've almost put my helmet through a couple of windshields at stop lights.
Usually I switch lanes, or at stop lights get off the bike and bitch them out. It's been getting worse lately, and frankly I don't care about road rage anymore since sport bike riders are fucked in this state anyway; going to start riding with a little container of 50 or so bb's and will toss them at their windshields when tailgating me.

What I hate the most is when they inch up on your rear tire at a light.

Oh, and you should check out the track day link in my sig. ;)

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
The majority are just flat out ignorant. Turn around in your seat and shew them off (that actually works for me, lol).

·
Registered
22 Posts
yah it has been getting worse it seems. But i must say Tallahassee seems to be the worst for me. I travel the state quite a bit and no where is the drivers as bad as here.

D

·
0 Posts
The majority are just flat out ignorant. Turn around in your seat and shew them off (that actually works for me, lol).
I just get one of those dumb stares like they're a deer looking into the headlights.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes lately its been getting worse with tailgaters. Especially here in miami :/ I just try to change lanes or flick them off. Sometimes I wobble the bike a bit and everyone moves behind me cause the think that I am going to eat it XD

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I turn around and shoo them off once.
If that doesn't do it, turning around in the saddle with the no-handed double flip-off usually will.

On backish roads when they get too close at a light, i'll light the tire up for a sec and smoke em out, while simultaneously spraying the front of their ride with my hot smagma

EDIT: For effect, follow this ^^^ up by the double flipoff

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
when "ppl" do such things to me and especially cutt me off and i give them the filthy look and i get the bird in reply, i await for them to be beside me or get next to them soon enough where i know lights etc, And ask them you care about using these mirrors you have hear or following road rules..?? "NO" oh well you wont need what im about to do then..

As then i knock their "precious" mirror with fist of fury,(*) they dont use it anyhow and take off whilst they are going OMG my mirror i cant see...lol "whats to see if you dont use it!!!"

(*)you will need leather, armoured gloves to do this best from yrs of practice :)

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
lol i almost took one off of a bmw today...

when "ppl" do such things to me and especially cutt me off and i give them the filthy look and i get the bird in reply, i await for them to be beside me or get next to them soon enough where i know lights etc, And ask them you care about using these mirrors you have hear or following road rules..?? "NO" oh well you wont need what im about to do then..

As then i knock their "precious" mirror with fist of fury,(*) they dont use it anyhow and take off whilst they are going OMG my mirror i cant see...lol "whats to see if you dont use it!!!"

(*)you will need leather, armoured gloves to do this best from yrs of practice :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL! I tried wobbling too and the car behind be slowed down. hahaha, i thought it was funny. They are probably scared that i lost control or something. But yea, when I drive my car, I know not to tailgate, especially if Im behind a bike. But all the college kids up here are stupid ass drivers (not all, just the tailgating ones =P) and its scary with everyone on cell phones and talking to the passengers and all. I saw some girl just run a red light as if it was green one while she was on the phone. I dont think she had any clue about what yellow or red means.

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
when this happens to me i just look back alot and if they don't get the hint i start to slow way down. that pisses them off.

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
no just slow down then if thier still behind you stop. lol then gun it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Over here, driving in a car, you almost have to tailgate, if you leave a gap, someone will push in and take it. Dumb asses. Then I stick on their tails, because they just stole my following distance. On the bike, they keep their distance....so far.

Tuesday I had a funny thing. Taking a turn off that connects to another road, so I am sitting behind one car waiting to get a chance to go. I am in the middle of the lane. This old old fart with his merc stops next to me on the left, over the yellow lines, and tries to go ahead of me. I kept going forward blocking his view. And shook my head, and did the "are you stoopid" sign. Don't even think he noticed.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I usually slow down and wait until they change lane to give them the 'What the f*ck look." :evil3: Cagers usually get the point and they either back off or changed lane and driving slowly out of my view.

On another thought, my fender eliminator kit fell off because of all the vibration and I dragged it to the light and stopped. Got off my bike to pick it up. Some ahole came up behind me and started honking. I ignored him and finished doing my thing and as he drove by, both he and I exchanged profanity. If only I was a little more pissed to do something stupid.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Being tailgated and being cut off are 2 totally different things. Usually when you are cut off, they plain and simply didn't see you and it was an honest mistake (usually). That doesn't stop me from letting them know what they just did.

Tailgaters in the city or in town will get and earful, finger, broken mirror, etc...
Tailgaters on the freeway, I'll usually give a weave first. That doesn't work I'll show them a wobble. They most of time back off after that....when all else fails...Ball Bearings.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts