Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's official! The "Green Snail" my 2009 CBR600 is back on the street and up for sale - replaced by our 2011 GSXR 600.

Get this: I'm a full FIVE SECONDS FASTER per lap on the Suzuki! Suzki and the Honda are both very light and handle well. But the GSXR has a kick-ass advantage in power ... just like the magazine testers say.

The little CBR is long in the tooth and needs more grunt. Top end really does suck! On the GSXR I'm 10-15 mph faster through every section of my favorite local track.

That said, the GSXR's brakes truly suck. I'm putting a new master cylinder, metal lines and different pads to be able to slow this thing down.
BTW, the stock Honda brakes are not up to race track abuse, either. I was getting terrifying brake fade until I switched to steel lines.

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
BTW, the stock Honda brakes are not up to race track abuse, either. I was getting terrifying brake fade until I switched to steel lines.
Lines alone? Not gonna happen. Pads and good fluid too. Lines by themselves weren't causing the fade.

yea no duh the stock brakes arent made for track use. pretty simple.
Stock brakes (master and calipers) work just fine, duh!!!

It's the fluid, pads and lines that can lead to fade. But duh...no one has to tell you that.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Lines alone? Not gonna happen. Pads and good fluid too. Lines by themselves weren't causing the fade.

It's the fluid, pads and lines that can lead to fade. But duh...no one has to tell you that.
Yea i know, thats what i was referring to but didnt go into to much detail with it. I mean yea they will get the job done, but the other stuff just isnt made for the track beating

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Well, the fluid is changed after every race day. Routine maintainence I didn't think needed to be mentioned. But the lines are the big culprit. Master cylinder and pads are fine on the Honda. No fade issue after I went to braided lines. Brakes DID fade after the race techs bleed them track side between races (prior to new lines).

·
Registered
573 Posts
I went from a 600rr to a GSXR 750 and the different was just amazing. I loved my GSXR's brakes though, and all I did was install EBC HH pads....

·
Registered
420 Posts
On both my bikes I have Galfer lines, Galfer organic pads (not sintered), DOT5 bled with a power bleeder. They're perfect. IMO neither needs a new master. And yeah the difference in the 750 mentioned above is amazing. The CBR does handle better. Wish I could transplant the motor, it would be bad ass. The CBR doesn't have that top end kick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts