Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinkin about taking a trip out to Firebird and making a couple passes on the bike this weekend...Any tips? I'm no stranger to the dragstrip by any means, I have literally close to 1000 passes under my belt...But all in cars.

I've never gone down the track on a bike, so I was just wondering if you guys had any tips to get me down the 1320 as quick as possible.

·
Registered
300 Posts
With the bike the launch is everything, you mess it up and the run is blown (relatively). Keep it below 10k if you like your clutch. Basicly jsut play with your launch, you want the tire to skim the surface for the 60ft. Good luck.

·
Registered
615 Posts
do a wheelie down the track :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wiggawam said:
With the bike the launch is everything, you mess it up and the run is blown (relatively). Keep it below 10k if you like your clutch. Basicly jsut play with your launch, you want the tire to skim the surface for the 60ft. Good luck.
That about says it all... and forget about cutting a light just try for a good 60' time at first. I'd get there early and do the old round robin to get real comfortable before it gets crowded. I think the last time I went I got in like 6 passes early. Oh, and its also fun back to the pits on the return road (if they are not watching)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Your 60ft is everything, it'll make or break the pass like said above... I just stretch out and lay on the tank as much as possible and launch around 9k and ride the clutch... Dont get to depressed about your times at 1st, i've only been tot he 1/4 miles track once and the best I could squeeze was a 10.6 @ 128mph with I think it was a 1.73 60ft... Just get your launches down and its gravy, just keep telling yourself to ride the clutch lol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey just make sure you don't launch too hard. my friend learned that yesterday with his o5 tribal...looped it at the track

1 - 8 of 8 Posts