Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few weeks have been crazy. First we lost Peter Lentz, then Shoya san... Both way too young... Godspeed fallen brothers. Now, a good friend just told me about antoher racer out east who was paralyzed following a crash at a recent track day. Not a race, a track day!! WTF

As the father of two small kids, my mind is really weighed down. The inherent dangers of motorcycling are obvious, but the recent turn of events have really made me think about the risks we take everytime we go out on the track.

I don't know, thankfully its pretty much the end of the season here in Canada and I've sold my beloved HRC bike to a good friend of mine. I have time over the off season to contemplate what I'm going to do, but as it stands right now, I think I'm going over to dirt....

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
ya with the recent events, it really makes you think twice... i recently go into dirt riding and i honestly feel IMO thats its way more dangerous and reckless but to each there own maybe its just my riding style lol

D

·
0 Posts
If you go to the dirt, you wont be able to stay away for long. No denying it's been a rough past 5 or 6 weeks for this sport.

For about 30 seconds I had that "what the hell are we doing?" thought. But no matter how many sad thoughts fill our minds, it's not like what we do is a drug that can just be stopped. It's much more then that, and we'll always have the memories of the fallen as fuel to make us better and to remember the good, not the bad. Just like Tomizawa had Kato on his shoulder for years, we'll always have them on our shoulders too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts