Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm removing my fairings for an upcoming track day class. Anyone see an issue with just taping my front turn signals up near the front lights and mirror area? Needs to be a legal location, I plan to ride on the street but don't wantto hassle with installing and removing the fairings all the time. Anyone see an issue with this legally?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Make sure everything is secure, and you can remove the turn signals from their plugins. There are connectors that make the turn signals easily removable because .. this is a CBR 600 Race Ready Motorcycle ^_^.

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts
if you are removing your fairings, for a track day event, then i see no reason why you can't un-plug the wires for the turn signals and remove those as well :ponder:

·
Registered
116 Posts
sounds like he wants to ride the bike on the street as well as do track days but doesn't want the fairing on the bike. Question is though...why? Believe it or not the fairings are actually there to protect the bike as well as improve aerodynamics. If you don't want the risk of damaging the stock plastics look into either cheap aftermarket, or used/slightly damaged plastics.

Another option, but I wouldn't recommend it, check your state law. Turn signals are not required on bikes in all states. If you do not have signals, you do have to use proper hand signals and I think all states require a brake/tail light.

·
Registered
25 Posts
sounds like he wants to ride the bike on the street as well as do track days but doesn't want the fairing on the bike. Question is though...why? Believe it or not the fairings are actually there to protect the bike as well as improve aerodynamics. If you don't want the risk of damaging the stock plastics look into either cheap aftermarket, or used/slightly damaged plastics.

Another option, but I wouldn't recommend it, check your state law. Turn signals are not required on bikes in all states. If you do not have signals, you do have to use proper hand signals and I think all states require a brake/tail light.
He needs to check if the track day organizer will let the bike on the track without fairings. Their website will layout what they want and need the bike to look like in order to pass tech inspection. If there are still questions then call or email them to clarify. The best thing to do is just leave the fairings on the bike, remove the mirrors, tape over all the other lights, and ride within your limits and not crash.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll just stop being lazy and put the fairings backon . I figured it would be quicker to not have them at the track, for inspection at least.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts