Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy i am trying to get the headlight off a 2005. i took everything out. the only problem i am having is taking the upper two screws. they keep spinning but they are not comming off. what should i do. thanks

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i will try to get a pictures. this is what i did. i took off the upper , as you know the headlight is help by 4 screws, i took the the lower two(came off easily). now i am trying to get the upper screws, but thy keep spinning without comming loss. i know it should be very easy, i am just not sure what to do?? you just took off your with the screwdriver??

·
Registered
460 Posts
sami600rr said:
i will try to get a pictures. this is what i did. i took off the upper , as you know the headlight is help by 4 screws, i took the the lower two(came off easily). now i am trying to get the upper screws, but thy keep spinning without comming loss. i know it should be very easy, i am just not sure what to do?? you just took off your with the screwdriver??
When I had mine out, I was installing/soldering my front signals. I had the cluster and everything out, so it may have been easier. I've never taken the headlight out on any other occasion by itself though.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Yeah.. I had two on the top of the headlight assy that kept spinning on me..

I just took a screwdriver and put some pressure on the screw and it came right how..

Should be able to stick a standard screwdriver in between the headlight assy and upper or the headlight assy and screw(I can't remember its been a year) so you can get some pressure on it..

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i tired everything with it is it not comming out. i applied pressure on it. i am about to give up and dirlle the screws out.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
yeah i have the same problem with u sami600rr. so guys any ideas how to remove the 2 screws that keeps spinning on the headlight? i also did apply pressure on it and it wont come off.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Mine did that.. and I "think" I wedged or applied pressure to the head of the screw from the back(where it makes contact to the headlight assy...

If one of you two post a pic.. I can hopefully show you a little bit better...

·
Registered
602 Posts
what may have happened is the metal inner piece that you screw the bolt into has come loose from the front fairing. Look and see if the inner pice is spinning as you try to remove the bolt. If its spinning with the bolt you may have to just try and pull out both out of the front fairing. Then go back with some super glue and glue the inner metal piece back into the upper.
This is what happened to me and the super glue worked perfect to get everything back together.
Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
The Power Of Dreams said:
what may have happened is the metal inner piece that you screw the bolt into has come loose from the front fairing. Look and see if the inner pice is spinning as you try to remove the bolt. If its spinning with the bolt you may have to just try and pull out both out of the front fairing. Then go back with some super glue and glue the inner metal piece back into the upper.
This is what happened to me and the super glue worked perfect to get everything back together.
Hope this makes sense.
+1... I couldn't remember what i did.. but yea theres a clip inside the upper.. that should work what P.O.D said...

·
Registered
602 Posts
sami600rr said:

Also man, there is another 5th screw under the bank angle sensor. You have to remove the 2 little screws in the middle and pull the BAS out of the way. Then you can get to the one screw in the middle of the headlight.

Just remember to mount the BAS back on the correct way otherwise your bike will not start.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i got it out. thanks guys i am not sure why honda would make it this way. it took me an houre just to get it loss.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hey Guys Those Screws That Keep Spinning Are Dont Come Out. They Are Headlight Adjustment Screws. You Adjust The Vertical And Horizontal Position With Them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts