Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently (within the last month) replaced my old track bike (2000f4) with a 2004 600RR. I've been pretty ginger with it until I hit 600 miles, at which point the first service (oil change and inspection) are said to be required in the manual. So coming home from the oil change, I decided to drop the hammer :evil: and see what the bike had while going through the mountains. At first I thought to myself, wow, this thing is f***ing slow. The corners felt easy and the bike was flipping from side to side as if I were standing still. When I looked down at the spedo though...holy s**t!!!!! I was hauling a$$ and didn't feel as if I were pushing the bike at all. I can't wait to put this thing on the track next weekend. This bike is coming dangerously close to taking the "oh s***t"/fun factor out of high speed cornering!

·
Registered
595 Posts
I noticed the same thing when i test roade a friends RR yesterday...just pulled onto the main street, thought that i was just putting along and looked down...I was doing 67, but felt like i was cruising at 35.

Loved every minute of it. I've got a couple of trackdays soon, and wished that i could take it out for a session or 2. My bike feels a bit inaddequate now.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have carried corner speed in this thing I would never have dreamed of on my previous bikes, now my fear is the limit vice traction. And its a pretty low limit lol, but at least now I have a bike that can carry me much farther than I have the skills to ride as of yet. I love it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i like to ride fast

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
wow this is an old thread. however I can totally relate to it. when I first got on my 03rr it didn't feel very fast at all, I think at the time I thought I was going around 70-75 mph and didn't realize that a was going 119 mph. the 03-04's have very aerodynamic body work and the bikes chassis is extremely well balanced, so there isn't much jerkiness to upset it at higher and lower speeds. at 100 mph it's like the bike is just cruising.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
yeah, i do agree though. Itll feel like im going the speed limit when im passing a car i dont feel comfertable being around. i look down and im 25 over

·
Registered
5,448 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I like nascar! Drive in big circles! Wooo haha. Jk its boring to me.

Okay this thread is almost as old as my bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts