Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I've had my 600rr for 6months. Went from a Road King (7yrs) to sport bike. I can't help but hear the 1000rr calling my name. Is it really that big of a difference? I know I don't use my 600rr to its potential. Am I just being a dumb American wanting excess? Let me hear your thoughts!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
93 Posts
How big are you....if your bike takes off like a rocket....stick with the 600...if your a big boy, and its slow out of the gate...get a 1000....its more a personal thing...if you want more power and speed..... get a pipe and fuel controler and air filter.....good luck...

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
Do you feel like you can't get anymore out of your 600?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forg
17,681 Posts
Ask 06cbr he has a build on here. Also Corsica does to. Both upgraded to brand new 1000rr.

Sent via iPhone 4s

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I would say learn to ride the 600 properly first, then decide whether or not if you need a bigger bike.

Unless you want to be the most badass throttle twister in your area, then just get the 1K and be done with it.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Before u go buy the 1KRR do yourself a huge favor take the 600 for a track day
i bet you one thing reality realization will wipe out the thoughts of such liter bike
for good

·
Registered
162 Posts
It seems to me alot of people on this forum are afraid of liter bikes... Makes me wonder if they have even ever rode one before.
My next bike WILL be a liter bike of some kind, probably a street fighter. the instant torque you have with a liter bike is something magical for a street driven motorcycle.

If you feel comfortable on a sportbike, hands down I would say go for the 1k. Go ahead, test drive one and see for yourself how fun it is to ride then make your decision. I sold my 07 zx10 since having 2 bikes at the time was more than I could afford, I regret it.

Btw, I only weigh ~120lbs lol

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Yeah, people are "afraid" of riding a liter bike, that's it. I heard they have 20+ mph top speed over most 600's which is mind altering. Oh, and the zero to sixty time is WAAAY quicker than a 600, especially the 1000rr and zx10. They also enable the rider to use all of that power through turns too. They aren't even on the same planet. :crackup:

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
IMO it depends on your intentions. If you only ride on the street, I always preferred a literbike on the street. On the track, a 600 is far more forgiving, yet a literbike provides a different amount of fun.

If you want to get into racing, the middleweight grids are huge compared to the unlimited class grids.

there are usually less than 15 people in my grids for 1000 races. Compared to 30+ in 600 grids.

Both bikes are awesome, I have both but only ride at the track (trackdays and racing). And each provide a very different yet awesome experience.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah, people are "afraid" of riding a liter bike, that's it. I heard they have 20+ mph top speed over most 600's which is mind altering. Oh, and the zero to sixty time is WAAAY quicker than a 600, especially the 1000rr and zx10. They also enable the rider to use all of that power through turns too. They aren't even on the same planet. :crackup:
I'm 100% you misinterpreted my post and looks like you got your feelings hurt. I said nothing about top speeds or 0-60 or using it's full potential, I mentioned torque.

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
Litre bikes dont scare me. But why would I need something that I'm not going to get the full potential out of? I still have a lot of learning to do on a 600 no need for me to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
64 Posts
Get whatever you want but you still have tons to learn the 600.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
i definitely agree with that statement...if you have only been on your 600 for 6 months you might wanna wait a bit before going to a 1k...iv been on mine for 4 years now and am just considering a 1k for next year and its not because i want to go stupid fast but because of the roads i ride i dont get to wind out my 600 much im also at 225lbs. i want more midrange power and not always have to be above 10k rpm to have it pull hard. do as you please just be careful

you can also try gearing your rr..i did a sportex sprocket kit with -1+1 and that made a nice improvement in acceleration

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
You'll always have more to learn, there is NEVER an end. Don't think for a moment that you shouldn't move up because you haven't reached the max potential of a bike. 99.99999999999999999999% of this world NEVER will reach the potential on your bike!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts