Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used the search function, but I didn't find much for this. Im 6'3", and I have been lusting for a 600RR. Simple question: Is this going to be a problem?

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
nope....... buy a double bubble and if you find it to cramped up then rearsets will cure it ...

i am 6'2' so i speak from experience, and do a lil yoga!a

·
Registered
642 Posts
I am 6'2 and the bike is fine for me for a supersport, In fact its much better than an R6 and the new 600rr is close to as comfy as the GSXR. You should be fine.

Gee in response to the rear sets I thought they usually aid for racing moving the pegs up not down and back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So a double bubble is a wind screen... that is all I got out of google, could you elaborate?

Also... this is going to be my first bike. Im 220 Lbs, will be around that or more with all the gear on. I DO plan on taking the MSF riding course as soon as I can, probably before getting my bike.

And thanks for the quick responses.

·
27,367 Posts
I am 6'2 and the bike is fine for me for a supersport, In fact its much better than an R6 and the new 600rr is close to as comfy as the GSXR. You should be fine.

Gee in response to the rear sets I thought they usually aid for racing moving the pegs up not down and back.
yep they are , but if you want a little more stretch then grab em and adjust..... you can sacrifice clearance as much as gain it!

·
27,367 Posts
So a double bubble is a wind screen... that is all I got out of google, could you elaborate?

Also... this is going to be my first bike. Im 220 Lbs, will be around that or more with all the gear on. I DO plan on taking the MSF riding course as soon as I can, probably before getting my bike.

And thanks for the quick responses.
oh no..... you shouldnt have said that ..... now you will have to deal with 14 pages of flameing bout RRs not being so great as a first bike!!!

220 in gear is fine ... i must be just over200 in mine so 10% more aint a big deal.... but seriously a brand new 600 supersport is not the best possible choice as your first bike !

·
27,367 Posts
that is good news , misread and thought you were lookin at the 07/08

buy one you dont mind fallen down!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I really hope that I can get it before the person sells it. I have made plans to get into an MSF class as soon as possible. The place I am going should be sending out an email for their 08' schedule.

As for the gear, I should be getting that soon too (and not skimping on it). I have experience with being on the road and no one seeing me, on a road bike though, pedals.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm 6'2" and and built like a preying mantis and, while the RR feels tiny under me, it's still very comfortable and easy to ride. I wouldn't be concerned. I did just put on some Sato rearsets today and my initial impressions are that it's even more comfortable.

Definately get a double bubble windscreen though. I did my first two track days with the stock windscreen and it's just too low. I felt like a human sail at times.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am 6'5" 250lbs (w/out gear) and the little bike scoots just fine.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
im 6'1" and i fit the bike well enough. i do get some cramps in the legs on long rides tho. maybe my rearsets jacked all the way up is the problem tho... lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts