Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From crash.net:

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wsbk/news/157822-0/tamada_in_wsbk_switch.html

"With no ride available to remain in the MotoGP paddock, Tamada will now turn his focus to Superbikes after concluding a deal that will see him replace Fonsi Nieto in the factory-backed PSG-1 Kawasaki line-up. It will mark a return to the Superbike paddock for Tamada, who was the only person other than Troy Bayliss and Colin Edwards to win a race during the 2002 season – when he snared victory at Sugo while riding as a wild card entry.

Tamada will partner Regis Laconi in 2008, with the Frenchman returning for another season onboard the ZX-10R. "

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wsbk/news/157678-0/mccoy_returns_with_triumph.html

"Former 500GP and World Superbike race winner Garry McCoy returned to the WSBK paddock at the Qatar test - riding for the new Triumph World Supersport team. On the first day of the Qatar test, McCoy put the 675 triple 3.7secs behind fastest man Broc Parkes on its WSS debut, with team-mate Paul Young a further five seconds slower."

Looks like Motogp reps. are doing pretty good in WSBK and WSS, Checa was immediately fast and has been 3rd and 4th fastest in testing last week running within less than a second off the leader, and McCoy was running 4th, 3 seconds off the leade, but looks like there was 5 riders testing

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
I hope McCoy does well against the Ten Kate bikes. Rea and Pitt are no slouches.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yeah it's cool to see McCoy racing again. He just needs to race AMA before he retires, because he has raced in about every other series.... lol.

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
McCoy has a glass body so who knows if he'll be healthy enough to make it to AMA.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I cannot wait until next season. All the changes and new bikes etc etc. AMA, WSBK, WSS and MotoGP... I just can't wait. I wan't AMA Superbike and MotoGp to be more than a one make show. I want some competition and close racing.

Let the 2008 season start already

·
Registered
108 Posts
^^ I don't no if he can but if the king of slide can't do it then no one can

·
Registered
111 Posts
Good to see McCoy back. He may be able to pull out a few good slides, but yeah, I hope he doesn't wreck and upset some old injuries. I hate the one make show too. I would love to Repsol, Yami, Duc, and Kawi (with Hopkins) all trading top spots this year. Hopefully Suzuki will fall in AMA Superbike. For some reason I like the 600/750, but absolutely loathe the 1000. It just brings up too many images of teenagers and young adults financing one and becoming a splat on the road...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I dont think I have been this excited for a season in a long time. I just hope Gary is well and puts on a good show at millers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts