Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The AC (Ambidextrous Club) Unite! #001
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after 3+ years of wanting to go to The Gap, I'm going. This coming week June 15th-18th. Instead of staying close by, I'm staying in some kick butt cabins in Gatlinburg Tn. Everything included but food. Hell they even have hot tubs in most! **sweet**

Anyone here ever been? Anything I should expect beside a hell of a lot of fun? I'll be riding the Tail on Thursday and Friday and leaving to do other roads on Sat and Sun, only because I heard that it gets crowded as hell on the week ends.

If anyones in the area, let me know. I'd love to meet a few ppl.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Have fun man,if i was still gonna be here i'd show ya around,leaving on the 15th for Bargy's school. Definitely do the skyway,it's AWESOME!

·
Registered
199 Posts
have a great time man - I've never been, but I hear it's awesome - just take your time and remember that they don't say that the Dragon "bites" for nothing - get pix!

·
Registered
238 Posts
NotHizRR said:
Finally after 3+ years of wanting to go to The Gap, I'm going. This coming week June 15th-18th. Instead of staying close by, I'm staying in some kick butt cabins in Gatlinburg Tn. Everything included but food. Hell they even have hot tubs in most! **sweet**

Anyone here ever been? Anything I should expect beside a hell of a lot of fun? I'll be riding the Tail on Thursday and Friday and leaving to do other roads on Sat and Sun, only because I heard that it gets crowded as hell on the week ends.

If anyones in the area, let me know. I'd love to meet a few ppl.
lol, i live about 20 minutes from it..

good idea riding the dragon on Thurs/Fri... on the weekend its a mess... it has gotten so popular here lately its impossible to get a good pass in on the weekends because its soooo crowded..

make sure you stop at the store at the end and eat you a bite - really good food...

but yeah once you get into the evening hours it starts to get busier and busier... a lot of locals go early because its a lot less busy.. but once it gets busy people just chill at the store and talk and 'people watch' haha

but yeah man HAVE FUN and be safe... dont try to ride at anybody elses pace.. the dragon will bite you.. and watch out for the gravity cavity :)

N

·
0 Posts
Have fun and RIDE SMART AND SAFE!

Don't forget to wave at the hogs for us!

·
The AC (Ambidextrous Club) Unite! #001
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OH! I can't wait, it sounds like so much fun. My best friend isn't into riding the twisties all that much, in fact he never really did when he had his R1. I brought him into the light, converted him from the dark side of Yami to the beauty of a Honda 600RR. Actually, we bought both of them at the same time. He's just now getting used to the twists and turns of the roads and loving it more and more. It's great to get a die hard Yami fan to see how much better a Honda really is! ha!

I've heard that the tail will bite, hence one reason I'm going during the middle of the week and taking it slow and steady the first time up and back. I've seen to many pictures of trashed bikes from ppl who deem it necessary to ride beyond their abilities. Just in case tho, I'm wearing cow from top to bottom, in case I scrape my bottom!

Most definitely I'll be getting pictures. Like most girls, we love to click away at anything we can point the camera at. Again, if anyone will be up there, let me know.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
NotHizRR said:
Just in case tho, I'm wearing cow from top to bottom, in case I scrape my bottom!

Most definitely I'll be getting pictures. Like most girls, we love to click away at anything we can point the camera at. Again, if anyone will be up there, let me know.
Good girl! Take more pictures then you think you want. I didn't take nearly enough. Also ride the Cherohola. Awesome ride up the mountian. There's a mexican restaurant in Robbinsville, NC. that has really great food. Check them out on the main strip on the left if your heading to the dragon.

A little taste of what you'll see. This is on top of the dam. Have fun and be safe!

·
Registered
131 Posts
looks like we'll just miss ya, me and a few guys are goin down to the honda hoot in knoxville the weekend of the 22-25th. And with being so close, we'll be making a trip down to the Gap for sure!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm sure you'll have a blast. I live about a half hour from the gap and it has been packed on the weekends every since it warmed up. As the previous poster said hit it on a thurs/friday if you can. And watch yourself up in Gatlinburg they'll give you a ticket in a heartbeat for anything they feel like, rev it up and you'll get noise polution.. etc, etc. And when your sittin in the stop and go traffic in Gatlinburg watch out for the leo on bicycles that come down through there lane splitting, they are sneaky. A couple good roads to hit would be the Foothills parkway on your way from Gatlinburg to the gap and the Cheraholla (or however it's spelt) on the other side.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
+1 to the Cherohala Skyway. Look for the loop that connects the Skyway, and the Dragon. Awesome rides on all roads up there. Just watch your speed, the Leo's are not forgiving.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Be carefull out there...it's a ton of fun but keep in mind that, sometimes...the Dragon Bites!!! ride it a few times to get the feel then push a little, but don't try to ride beyond your abilities because you will get BIT!!!

Have fun and also Ride the Cherohala , I personally like the cherohahla better for the simple fact you can get some speed.

We are all going again on the 22'nd of June for 4 days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts