Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF.

Went to a rally, was gassing up day two and saw that the tank was low in the cover.
Other than this the bike is still rolling fast and hard at 20k, just fitted new Angel GT front and rear as well as SuperSprox kit.

Attachments

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,907 Posts
Have you lifted the tank at all? When you open the cap does it make a whoosh sound?

I've seen tanks collapse from having a pinched vent.

Also check that your tank mounting bolts are still there.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,907 Posts
Unfortunately for you... If you did pinch your vent and collapse your tank, your tank won't ever come back to shape. You'll have to replace it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally

Got a replacement tank and pulled the old one today, it definitely got sucked in.

By the way thanks Wibbly I found how to get the fairing off in another thread where you gave excellent points on removal.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yesterday I had a long time friend drop by and he saw the tank. He did not believe me when I told him the fuel pump did that. This guy is way knowledgeable and was a lineman for a while with Northwest (A &P license), still did not believe me when he left.

What else could have happened? The fuel pump will pull enough vacuum to collapse a metal tank the way I see it. :ponder:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts