Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
little bit of a tank slap on the way home from work...it was either coming off the roundabout(yes haha its europe we have loads) and being in 1st and i went and whipped it to redline while lent over and lost traction(don't worry, found it again, woop haha) or i came out changing from 1st to 2nd and whipping it to redline but letting it rev a bit before dropping the clutch which mean engine spinning faster, so again traction loss

anyway it was fun, so how often you all having these 'moments'?:cruising:

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
I have never enjoyed the ones I experienced thankfully I did not crash but I still crapped in my pants

·
Registered
931 Posts
Iv only had tank slap once. It was at 117 mph. Never want it to happen again. If you "like" tank slap your friggin crazy.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iv only had tank slap once. It was at 117 mph. Never want it to happen again. If you "like" tank slap your friggin crazy.
well i wouldn't like it to go wrong, but i've done all the new tyres in torrential rain in the pitch black at night, and then losing traction on a motorway, but surely the heart stop is what keeps you 'alive' :spank:

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
The words make me imagine the guys at the TT when their bikes go airborne and land how can they not think about such spot and simply ride thru it is beyond my quote of huge balls thank God my TS were not that violent

·
Registered
931 Posts
Very true moe. The one I had was very violent. Definitely had to change my shorts when I got home. Didn't really make me feel alive at all. Honestly it made me think more about death...

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Very true moe. The one I had was very violent. Definitely had to change my shorts when I got home. Didn't really make me feel alive at all. Honestly it made me think more about death...
I know what you mean it did not take me long to buy that steering damper which made me feel safer in a way after installing it mine was not even due to high speeds after running over a pot hole it was after crossing rail road tracks thankfully it was at 4 .30 AM on my way to work ie no traffic my reaction was :cursin::retard::banghead::bootyshak:dontknow:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've had the tank slap at 220 kmh. Not very cool. Didn't get scared just hit the power full throttle and it worked it self out. I've done enough in cars and bikes that I just go into this ultra concentration mode to work it out. Getting scarred makes you eff up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
I've had the tank slap at 220 kmh. Not very cool. Didn't get scared just hit the power full throttle and it worked it self out. I've done enough in cars and bikes that I just go into this ultra concentration mode to work it out. Getting scarred makes you eff up

I agree with the getting scared effect but as long as one do not panic , overreact and make sudden corrections everything should be alright

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
I will take it to the point where I enjoy the merest wiggle in the bars......and no more!

use to get slappies on dirtbikes, found out they could really hurt.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Wow. Simply incredible. That should have been a high side. He should of hit the pavement for sure. The camera man was out of there lol.

Yea, while mine was happening I clearly remember thinking about what I should do. And how I read a thread here where some people were saying to gas it, and some were saying to let off. Well I let off the throttle, and everything was okay. I think if I would have gassed it I would of gone down, simply for the reason that the bike veared off course and was headed for the shoulder of the road, which would of lead me to a fence.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
you do not gas it.

hold throttle steady and move your weight forward......

gotta happen quickly and smoothly.

weight too much to the rear and throttle on, tends to start it after a steering upset....usually while leaving a turn...

ps i was a "pitiful" dirtbike/pushbike rider and learned this the hard way....

·
BOTM winner 11/12
720 Posts
you do not gas it.

hold throttle steady and move your weight forward......

gotta happen quickly and smoothly.

weight too much to the rear and throttle on, tends to start it after a steering upset....usually while leaving a turn...

ps i was a "pitiful" dirtbike/pushbike rider and learned this the hard way....
I didn't know this. Good to know if I ever get into a slapper? Anyone else saved one and did this??

1 - 20 of 35 Posts