1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who uses a tankbag on the RR?
What kind is it?
How well does it work?

All the decent-looking ones I see are magnet bags. I've got an old Eclipse bag, but the front straps interfere with the top triple clamp (quick release for bag gets smashed between clamp and frame).

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I use the Joe Rocket "Blaster" Tank Bag. It's a magnet bag, but I use the strap. It doesn't go anywhere, but I'm thinking about attaching some metal to the gas tank so I don't have to use the strap.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Talk to Marshall about that. He tried to do the same thing with magnets....the plastic on the tank is TOO thick.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
i got a tour master bag that has 4 starps i only use three of them 2 from the front and one at the back its pretty stable does not move around at all big enough as well check into it

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
sideout said:
Talk to Marshall about that. He tried to do the same thing with magnets....the plastic on the tank is TOO thick.
Yes the magnets wouldn't fit under cover. The tank and cover are too close of a fit. I bought a tailbag. Works great and it won't get in your way while riding. I don't even know it's there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the "TankLocker" the bag is completely off the tank. It locks to a ring that mounts to the gas cap ring. Looks clean and doesn't scratch the tank. It features a clear map pouch on top. When filling up w/ gas just unlock the bag and slip it off the ring - same for when not using the bag. I just leave the black ring on the bike when not using the bag since it doesn't look bad and takes removing 3 gas cap ring bolts and replacing the stock ring bolts. Costs $160
Here is the link:
www.luggagelocker.com/tanklocker.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts