Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bit of a concern...

I ordered a set of the Black Rimtape from Tapeworks 2 weeks ago... Around the 19th of May... it's been 2 weeks now and they still haven't arrived... The guy on the phone said it would only take a few days(ordered tuesday should arrive the following monday/tuesday because of our long weekend)... Nothing showed up tuesday... wednesday... thursday... Thought I would try giving them a call on friday morning... probably tried about 5 times throughout the day... and no one answered the phone... I tried calling again all day yesterday(and just realized it's the Memorial Day weekend for you guys down south... So I'll try calling again today...

Now here's the other thing... I was never given an order confirmation, nor was I given a shipping tracking number... the problem is... I'm in Canada... So if it hit the border and I'm gonna get dinged with brokerage and duties and crap... I need to know where it is... especially if I have to go pick the stuff up myself...

Anyone else have trouble getting a hold of Tapeworks these last couple of weeks? Or have any of you guys here in Canada tried ordering stuff from them(and if you have, what happened and how long did it take?)...

Any feedback would be much appreciated... Thanks

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Russell from tapeworks is a really nice guy. I have ridden with him on many occasions. I do not take him for the type to give you problems. I am sure this does't make you feel much better, but it's some kind of feedback.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got off the phone with the guys from Tapeworks... looks like it's gonna be a waiting game for me... he told me they send via USPS when shipping to Canada... so it could be anywhere from 1-3 weeks...
Since it was sent via USPS there's no tracking number either... so I'll have no clue where it is...

Not blaming the guys at Tapeworks... the guy on the phone was pretty helpful... but I think for future purchases... I'll just use my friend's Blaine, WA addy to send stuff... :banghead:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
AlpineJunkie, I am sorry that is how it worked out. Tapeworks is east coast, I have no problem forwarding things for you in the future if need be. It should only take one or two days to get to me, then I can get you a tracking number.

Do they ship USPS due to customs? Or expense?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it actually just got here today...
as far as I was told on the phone.. he just said they ship USPS to Canada... didn't say why...
I am a little po'd about the fact that they charged me $9.00USD for freight... and the package shows $2.10 for postage.. whatever.. it's a few bucks.. I won't cry over it tho...
I was also under the impression there were two rolls of the RimTape.. and only got one... but since I only needed one... no biggy...

everything worked out in the end..

thanks for the offer.. but I live in Vancouver.. so Blaine is about a 45 minute drive... give or take a few minutes(unless I'm speeding, then it's less... much less...)

·
Registered
46 Posts
AlpineJunkie said:
it actually just got here today...
as far as I was told on the phone.. he just said they ship USPS to Canada... didn't say why...
I am a little po'd about the fact that they charged me $9.00USD for freight... and the package shows $2.10 for postage.. whatever.. it's a few bucks.. I won't cry over it tho...
I was also under the impression there were two rolls of the RimTape.. and only got one... but since I only needed one... no biggy...

everything worked out in the end..

thanks for the offer.. but I live in Vancouver.. so Blaine is about a 45 minute drive... give or take a few minutes(unless I'm speeding, then it's less... much less...)
Hey man, get it shipped to http://www.thelettercarrier.com down in Point Roberts, right beside Tsawassen... They only charge a couple bucks when you pick it up. That's where I ship/pick up all the stuff I order from the states.

·
Registered
158 Posts
When I bought my kit a few months ago, they WOULD NOT ship to Canada (Edmonton here) because of some Honda trademark or whatever ******** excuse. So I got them to ship to Wizard600rr in WA and Wizard shipped it (along with a suit) to me by USPS postal.

Maybe they have loosen up on their policy?

as far as I was told on the phone.. he just said they ship USPS to Canada... didn't say why
You should be glad that he did or else UPS would have got you good on their retarded brokerage fees :evil:

Hey man, get it shipped to http://www.thelettercarrier.com down in Point Roberts, right beside Tsawassen... They only charge a couple bucks when you pick it up. That's where I ship/pick up all the stuff I order from the states.
When you go pick up your items from that depot and drive back to Vanc across the border, don't you get asked by customs what **** you are bringing back so they can charge you tax and duties?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts