Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i took the bike out of town for the first time today with a buddy. everything is great. im looking ahead, finding the potholes and getting around them. Well we come up to a county highway and stop. My buddy tells me to take the lead and stay on the right side. so i get ready to take off from this stop and i see some gravel in the road. i think to myself, dont try to turn on it and go easy. well i couldnt seem to peel my eyes from it and ended up going 1/2 way into the ditch. i was able to keep control of the bike and stop. just eased it back onto the road and took off ( after killing it once due to my being p'ed at myself). point to my story is that i had a taste of target fixation and am going to try to not EVER do that again.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
you kept your cool man which is great
look where you need to go and not at what you are trying to avoid

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not getting my bike for another couple of weeks. the one that we have is one that our friend is letting us use. my fiance is still not sure if he wants a harley (he use to have one) or a sport bike. my main concern is that he had a grain auger fall of him when he was little and so his back is all messed up (back pain). i told him to get what he thinks he will be happy with. anyways he borrowed the bike to find out if he could handle it or not. his buddy told me i could ride it and get the hang of being on one.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
officerbrat said:
im not getting my bike for another couple of weeks. the one that we have is one that our friend is letting us use. my fiance is still not sure if he wants a harley (he use to have one) or a sport bike. my main concern is that he had a grain auger fall of him when he was little and so his back is all messed up (back pain). i told him to get what he thinks he will be happy with. anyways he borrowed the bike to find out if he could handle it or not. his buddy told me i could ride it and get the hang of being on one.
Here's something to think of. I visited a resort here in Bama (29 Dreams) a few weeks before I purchased my RR, I start talking to this man in his 50's if not 60's about bikes and find out he rides a busa (Shocked). So with back problems myself (bulging disk) I ask him "man, doesn't that hurt your back?" His reply was shocking. He's had 2 surgeries for herniated disk with plates installed and proceeds to tell me his Dr. told him to try sportbikes because they take the pressure off of your spine. I had been leaning towards purchasing a Suzuki C-90 because of my back but after this conversation I choose my RR and I'm so glad I did. I had a Suzuki VX 800 Sport touring bike for 2 years and put 15,000 miles on it, that bike sat you straight up like a cruiser does, it hurt my back twice as bad as this RR. He'll know what I'm talking about if you tell him I've riden my RR for 2725 miles now and I ride 32 miles one way everday to work and my hip has not hurt or tingled yet (you'ld have to have back problems to understand this). This is just something for your Fiance to think about if he even slightly wants a sportbike.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
silveRRocket said:
Here's something to think of. I visited a resort here in Bama (29 Dreams) a few weeks before I purchased my RR, I start talking to this man in his 50's if not 60's about bikes and find out he rides a busa (Shocked). So with back problems myself (bulging disk) I ask him "man, doesn't that hurt your back?" His reply was shocking. He's had 2 surgeries for herniated disk with plates installed and proceeds to tell me his Dr. told him to try sportbikes because they take the pressure off of your spine. I had been leaning towards purchasing a Suzuki C-90 because of my back but after this conversation I choose my RR and I'm so glad I did. I had a Suzuki VX 800 Sport touring bike for 2 years and put 15,000 miles on it, that bike sat you straight up like a cruiser does, it hurt my back twice as bad as this RR. He'll know what I'm talking about if you tell him I've riden my RR for 2725 miles now and I ride 32 miles one way everday to work and my hip has not hurt or tingled yet (you'ld have to have back problems to understand this). This is just something for your Fiance to think about if he even slightly wants a sportbike.
thank you. i will let him know. i didnt think about how the cruisers have you sitting. so far when he has been on the gsxr his back hasnt hurt but his wrists and hands. i thought this would happen due to the way the sportbike has you leaning forward so much. in fact my ride i took yesterday made my hands start tingeling. but i will let him know thank you.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Use your inner thighs and tighten them up on the side of the gas tank and this helps take some of the pressure off of hands and wrists. You cant do it all the time but ever so often helps. This is one of my problems also. Oh and good luck with what ever Y'all decide to go with and on you Marriage also. 15 years for me.... I guess I'm sentenced to life with her now :)...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts