Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the ache to get another tattoo for awhile(well addition to my current one really). I can't draw for crap though and I didn't want to get something in one of the books at a tattoo parlor. Here's the tattoo I have right now, had it for about 7 years.

I got just black 7 first and then about a year later had it outlined with the green. At first there was a little space between the green and black but it has faded and spread out a little in some spots into the black and just doesn't have the definition it use to have. Here's a picture I found of what I'd like to get around the tattoo now.

My questions: If I get it in shades of red and orange can the green be covered up but the black 7 still be visible and distinct? or will that just look like crap? I was also thinking about getting it in all black but wasn't sure if that would work or not. Anyhow, I obviously don't know too much about tattoos so hopefully someone more knowledgeable could make some suggestions for me.

One last request, can anyone photoshop the sun picture on my back but bring the tattoo on top of it. I want the sun just larger than the 7.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Depends on the artist. Talk it up with them, and if they're really good they'll get creative and find the best way to place your old tattoo so it's hidden. My friend used to be straight edge so he had 3 fat x's across his chest, long story short he drank like they all do and he wanted them covered and the artist did a pretty good job and told him what he could/couldn't do to cover them up AND make your new tattoo look how you want it.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't actually want the current tattoo covered at all, just put the sun picture as it's background. I wouldn't mind the green part being covered if that's possible but I want the black 7 to still stand out.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
quicky

10 characters

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Should look good dude..I just got thinking about my first tattoo recently and I decided on the one I want,and had it priced out..8 hours and $300 for mine..Ouch..Evere seen Brian Deegan's tattoo on his lower back?..Sorry to hijack your post dude.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I think getting the marbling on the sun would be very difficult for them to do and would definitely cost some money...but maybe I've just never seen tatoos that complex.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
i think it has potential.... that being said, do like the others ahve said and go to the shop that you'd have it done at. talk to the artist, look at his portfolio, discuss some options. you want to have a warm-fuzzy-type of feeling when you are done talking with the artist as he/she will be marking you for life! i nkow of some very talented artists that would be able to make that sun you originally post, look very reallistic.

shop around, man! you don't want to end up with something that you're gonna want to cover up - i've learned that one before... LOL!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts