Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:director:Someone PLEASE explain to me why sales tax can be collected by the government on a USED vehicle that has already had taxes paid on it once... How is this not financial double jeopardy??? If I sell my used TV to my neighbor, he is not required to send a check to the government for 5% of it's sale price. WTF.

Also please explain why one state can collect sales tax on an item purchased in another state.:headscrat

K

·
0 Posts
:director:Someone PLEASE explain to me why sales tax can be collected by the government on a USED vehicle that has already had taxes paid on it once... How is this not financial double jeopardy??? If I sell my used TV to my neighbor, he is not required to send a check to the government for 5% of it's sale price. WTF.
You're not a business.

Also please explain why one state can collect sales tax on an item purchased in another state.:headscrat
They shouldn't be... unless they have a business registered in the purchaers state.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
You mean inconciderate bum, not wanting to pay your taxes, Millions of welfare moms depend on that money to buy thier generic cigarrettes and coors light.

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
hahaha guy from austria your funny :)

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
don't kid yourself. it's BLATZ.
prolly Naty Light... but yea their is this one guy who has been colecting money from the goverment for years weather it be housing assistance or welfare or whatever little plans the goverment comes up with to keep lazy people lazy, near where i live and he now has a cadilac with the plate # PD4BYU isnt that some crazy ****

·
Registered
584 Posts
when I moved to NC I had to pay sales tax on my car and my bike in NC before they would let me register it. Highway robbery as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
301 Posts

Vote for Ron Paul in '08 then :)! Stop illegal immigration, end the welfare state, and abolish the IRS!!!!

www.ronpaul2008.com

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If Bush's NON-conservative @$$ wasn't spending a trillion dollars a week on some neo-imperialistic bull$#!+ war, we might not need to steal from the taxpayers. I work for a US Ambassador, and I was in one of the House office buildings a week ago, and noticed a poster outside of some Congressman's office reading:

$30,126...

Your share of the national deficit.

(Have a nice day.)

I thought it was awesome, in a very disgusting kind of way.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
:director:If I sell my used TV to my neighbor, he is not required to send a check to the government for 5% of it's sale price. WTF.
Actually, sales tax is supposed to be paid by the seller, businesses just conveniently pass it along to the consumer. And yes, if you sell your TV to your neighbor, you are supposed to report it and pay sales tax. Just because nobody does it and it is never enforced does not mean it's not required.

·
Registered
297 Posts
.gov will keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger and it will grow hungrier for more money. We can do so much better if we tried. Look at what Hillary said about all the ideas she had but the country can't afford them all or Obama saying I deserve a tax increase. Scary.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
OMG.. He Is actually asking a question rather than sling shizt :rocker:
Good Boy, That's the way to be nice :toothy4: . I have nothing important to add on this except what I said..
Good Day
Stephen

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Why do I get taxed when I earn my money, spend my money, collect interest on the money I save, and leave my money to someone else when I die?

Why do homeowners have to pay property tax every year?

Why do businesses have to pay tax on their assets every year?

So we can pay for the shitheads down the road to go to school, their medical bills, housing assitance, wellfare, and unemployment while they work under the table. So we can pay for the retirement plans of politicians while our social security is dwindling away even though it still comes out of our paychecks. So we can fund a war that should have been over a long time ago.

They should abolish all income and property taxes, do away with all deductions & exemptions and just raise the sales tax to say 15% on new items only. Do away with the IRS, or use them to insure that businesses are charging sales tax accordingly. This would encourage people to save and would make up some of the difference in what illegals and people working under the table are not paying in income tax. But that will never happen because it's too simple.

K

·
0 Posts
Why do I get taxed when I earn my money, spend my money, collect interest on the money I save, and leave my money to someone else when I die?

Why do homeowners have to pay property tax every year?

Why do businesses have to pay tax on their assets every year?

So we can pay for the shitheads down the road to go to school, their medical bills, housing assitance, wellfare, and unemployment while they work under the table. So we can pay for the retirement plans of politicians while our social security is dwindling away even though it still comes out of our paychecks. So we can fund a war that should have been over a long time ago.

They should abolish all income and property taxes, do away with all deductions & exemptions and just raise the sales tax to say 15% on new items only. Do away with the IRS, or use them to insure that businesses are charging sales tax accordingly. This would encourage people to save and would make up some of the difference in what illegals and people working under the table are not paying in income tax. But that will never happen because it's too simple.
i like what sweden does. they fine your illegal activity based on your income as a percent. it happened to Kimi Raikkonen 2 years ago while hauling some jet skis or snowmobiles or something behind his car, he got stopped and he was over the weight limit of his registration tags. it was like .6% or something like that, but he makes MILLIONS...$15,000 fine! not a whole lot when you consider he makes close to 2.5M... that'll bring in some SERIOUS money when they start hammering down on CEOs and government officials and all their illegal activity... might actually make them legit...!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts