Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOWNEY -
A 17-year-old Bellflower resident was killed after he hit a compact pickup truck on Thursday afternoon, officials said.

The boy was riding a motorcycle north on Lakewood Boulevard when he struck the back of the truck at 2:24 p.m 12/04/08
He succumbed to his injuries at the scene, Downey police officials said.

The truck driver, a 61-year-old resident of Downey, was injured, officials said.

Authorities have not released the names of either motorist.

At the scene, officials discovered the motorcycle involved in the crash had been stolen in Lakewood three weeks ago, according to Downey police. The accident is still under investigation.

-----

Rumor has it, this accident happened at over 100mph. I know some kids who knew him, and didnt have the nicest things to say about him, way before this accident even took place. Stunting by the h.s with no gear, riding stolen bikes. etc.

Its amazing how far a little common sense can take you in life, and for some, just as amazing at how short it will make your trip with the lack thereof.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
I'd love to say I feel bad, but I really don't.

I do hope the truck drive is ok, and his insurance covers everything though.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
+1, put your ******* gear on guys...not matter how far you are riding...
oh ya and dont be stupid, use common sense...you'll live longer.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Damn thats insane!!! I live by there and I was riding last night down that street. Its by Downey studios. I hope everything works out for the guy who's bike was stolen.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I had a guy who is 30 die down my street saturday night. The news reports said he had his helmet on but it flew off. I thought how the hell. I later came to know his head was still in the helmet when they found him. I am saden by this cause he was being stupid. I almost died from others stupidity. Wish I had gear on. thats neither here nor there. But I hope the truck driver in this senario is ok.

·
Registered
945 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
So it turns out some of my friends knew him and supposedly the truck cut off the bike, that gives no grief to whatever happened it was still stolen but damn what a tragedy.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
So it turns out some of my friends knew him and supposedly the truck cut off the bike, that gives no grief to whatever happened it was still stolen but damn what a tragedy.
Going over 100
On a stolen bike
possibly without gear?

If I stole a motorycle and crashed it @ 100mph, I'd excpect nobody to grieve for me. During the summer, we get a lot of Stolen Bike threads, and always the same responce.

"I'd kill that guy, or I'd XXX that guy"

Looks like at least one persons wish came true.

Yes, clearly this is a bit harsh, but such is life.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I'm not trying to defend him I'm just saying a family should never go through this. He was banged up so bad that he had to be cremated. This is what the little info I know of what happened.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Yeah and from what I hear he was never a good kid, he was always getting into trouble. So I guess Karma took the best of it all in one punch.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I live by bellflower high. By Alondra and Bellflower, I mostly ride weekends and I ride an 08 Graffiti. What about you?
I never actually seen him riding, but I heard he was always surfin his tank down sommerset in a wifebeater.

btw where abouts in b-town are you?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I live by bellflower high. By Alondra and Bellflower, I mostly ride weekends and I ride an 08 Graffiti. What about you?
probably about 2 minutes from you.

Sommerset and Bellflower BLVD.

My rr is a daily, but I usually ride with a blue r6. I dont see too many rr's in bellflower...(unless they're stolen)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts