Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been toying around with an idea. I know it prolly sounds retarded but I am a retard so it works for me. I had a hard time choosing between the red/blk and all black '06 RR's when I bought my bike. I really wanted the Black but it just seemed like it'd be a headach to try and keep clean (yes I am a neat freak). The orange or the silver both did nothing for me. So I went with good ole' Honda red. Here is the retarded idea. I have been flirting with the notion of ordering an entire set of OEM Black plastics. I know, I know....man u got a lot of xtra cash laying around! Heh, not really but, I can pick up a piece here and there when I come across some extra cash. Anyways, just thought it'd be cool to be able to swap the plastics out every few weeks or something for a change of pace. It's like owning 2 Honda's for an extra $1.5k-$2k! Hell, I bet you can even get a set of black plastics off egay or something for even cheaper.

What do you think?

P.S. - Please be gentle!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I would imagine it would be to much of a pain to do every few weeks, maybe every other year. Plus wouldn't you have to change your registration?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
souperman said:
I would imagine it would be to much of a pain to do every few weeks, maybe every other year. Plus wouldn't you have to change your registration?

+1....didn't even realize that possibility lol

DAMMIT!!

EDIT: I just checked my registration and nowhere does it indicate color...woot! I am sure as long as the VIN matches, it's all good.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I used to do that with my ZX-7R back when I was in the navy. One set of Dark Metallic Red and one Green/White. I lived in the barracks so I used to get crap during room inspections. I was told to build my bike somewhere else.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
i don't think you have to report color change as long as the vin stays the same you should be fine... but i could wrong.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
hey diz cool avatar... where did you get it?

·
Registered
378 Posts
if I had the money I would do it...and change the registration for what? why waste the money on registration, if you get pulled over just say you bought it like that! mistake in the DMV input...LOL

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The only thing would be the headlight/dash assembly, having taken off all of the other plastics except that one I think you can swap everything, but the headlight unit, in a matter of 45 minutes easily...

·
Registered
167 Posts
why not take that money that you plan on spending on plastics and get mods?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
loewer600 said:
$568..ouch but who buys plastics from the dealership anywayz?

I didn't buy it from them. They scratched the tank shelter when they had it in for service and tried to hide it with touch-up paint. They did a piss-poor job so I made them order me a new one at their expense. They chocked it up as a warranty item and the receipt they gave me showed the price on it. ;P

06seebrrr said:
why not take that money that you plan on spending on plastics and get mods?

There aren't too many mods left that I want to do. Just S/S lines and maybe HID's.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
if you bought new plastice you could just buy a new headlamp assym. too then it would cut down on time changing plastics... same with the tail light.

K

·
0 Posts
_Jay_ said:
Ya the Tank Shelter. Which is $568 from the dealer btw.
Jesus... you can get a Full Carbon Fiber Tank cover from OPP for less...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts